This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Formation||10 September 2009|
|Type||NGO and Non-profit organization|
The Outercurve Foundation is an independent 501(c)(6) non-profit corporation founded by Microsoft. Its goal is to "enable the exchange of code and understanding among software companies and open source communities." They run several software projects, some of which are connected to the .NET Framework.
It was founded on September 10, 2009 as the CodePlex Foundation, led mostly by Microsoft employees and affiliates. The free software community considered the site subversive and suspected Microsoft's goal was to make people dependent on Windows and other software owned by Microsoft.  The name Outercurve Foundation was adopted In September 2010. In November 2010 changes to by-laws were made and the board was expanded. Over the years, the site has mostly hosted software for Windows,  promoted software patents,  and hired people away from free software projects. Outercurve now serves the larger free and open-source community as a generalized low-overhead foundation for projects and organizations. Projects contributed by the group to the .NET Foundation include Nuget, Kudu and the ASP.NET AJAX library.
- "Mission". Outercurve. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
- "ASP.NET Open Source Gallery". Outercurve. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
- "Research Accelerators". Outercurve. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
- "Data, Languages, and Systems Interoperability Gallery". Outercurve. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
- "Innovators Gallery". Outercurve. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
- "Microsoft creates the CodePlex foundation". Scott Hanselman's Computer Zen. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
- "Lest CodePlex perplex". Free Software Foundation. Retrieved August 26, 2018.
- "The CodePlex Foundation Rebrands, Renamed Outercurve Foundation". Outercurve. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "About the Outercurve Foundation". Outercurve Foundation. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
- "On Foundations". The Source. Retrieved August 26, 2018.
- "Microsoft's Fake 'Open Source' Front is "Pushing Software Patents"". Techrights. Retrieved August 26, 2018.
- "Outercurve Poised for Open-Source Mentorship With New President". EWeek. Retrieved August 26, 2018.
- "Announcing new governance model and project contributions to the .NET Foundation". dotnetfoundation.org. November 12, 2014.
|This organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|