Outlaws Like Me
|Outlaws Like Me|
|Studio album by Justin Moore|
|Released||June 21, 2011|
|Label||The Valory Music Co.|
|Justin Moore chronology|
|Singles from Outlaws Like Me|
Outlaws Like Me is the second studio album by American country music recording artist Justin Moore. It was released on June 21, 2011 via The Valory Music Co. The album includes the single "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away", which has become Moore's second Number One hit on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart. Its follow-up single, "Bait a Hook", was released in August 2011, and reached the Top 20 on the country chart. The album's third single, "Til My Last Day", was released in March 2012. Moore co-wrote eleven of the thirteen songs on the album.
The album debuted at number five on the Billboard 200, and at number one on the U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums chart selling 65,000 copies in its first week of release. As of September 2013, the album has sold 577,000 copies in the US.
Giving it three stars out of five, Stephen Thomas Erlewine of Allmusic thought that the album was an improvement over Moore's debut. He thought that the sound was "a leaner country rock" and said that it "packs a punch that carries through on the promise of Moore's braggadocio". Dan MacIntosh of Roughstock gave the album one star out of five, referring to the album's lead single, "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away," as "an exception to an otherwise classless effort." He found the record pandering and relying heavily on country stereotypes.
|1.||"Redneck Side"||Kris Bergsnes, Rick Giles, Jeremy Stover||2:35|
|2.||"My Kind of Woman"||Brian Dean Maher, Justin Moore, Stover||2:45|
|3.||"If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away"||Dallas Davidson, Rob Hatch, Brett Jones||3:44|
|4.||"Run Out of Honky Tonks"||Moore, Jamie Paulin, Ashe Underwood||3:43|
|5.||"Beer Time"||Rhett Akins, Moore, Stover||2:50|
|6.||"Bait a Hook"||Akins, Moore, Stover||3:29|
|7.||"Flyin' Down a Back Road"||Moore, Paulin, Stover||3:52|
|8.||"If You Don't Like My Twang"||Akins, Moore, Stover||3:41|
|9.||"Guns"||Moore, Paulin, Stover||3:54|
|10.||"Sunshine Babies"||Akins, Moore, Stover||3:03|
|11.||"Til My Last Day"||Maher, Moore, Stover||3:55|
|12.||"Bed of My Chevy"||Moore, Stover||3:27|
|13.||"Outlaws Like Me"||Moore, Stover||5:51|
- Jim "Moose" Brown - keyboards
- Perry Coleman - background vocals
- Larry Franklin - fiddle
- Tommy Harden - drums
- Mike Johnson - steel guitar
- Doug Kahan - bass guitar
- Troy Lancaster - electric guitar
- Justin Moore - lead vocals
- Russ Pahl - steel guitar
- Mike Rojas - keyboards
- Curt Ryle - acoustic guitar
- Jason Kyle Saetveit - background vocals
- Steve Sheehan - acoustic guitar
- Russell Terrell - background vocals
|US Billboard 200||5|
|US Top Country Albums (Billboard)||1|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Certifications
|US Country||US Country Airplay||US||CAN Country
|2011||"If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away"||1||—||49||—||76||
|"Bait a Hook"||17||—||63||—||—||
|2012||"Til My Last Day"||7||1||51||8||76||
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||577,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Caulfield, Keith (June 29, 2011). "Jill Scott Celebrates First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200". Billboard. Retrieved June 29, 2011.
- Keith Caulfield (September 18, 2013). "Jack Johnson and Justin Moore Vying for No. 1 on the Billboard 200". Billboard. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Outlaws Like Me review". Allmusic. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- MacIntosh, Dan. "Justin Moore - Outlaws Like Me". Roughstock. Retrieved July 14, 2011.
- "Justin Moore Chart History (Billboard 200)". Billboard.
- "Justin Moore Chart History (Top Country Albums)". Billboard.
- "Justin Moore Album & Song Chart History - Canada Country". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away - Justin Moore, Billboard, retrieved May 10, 2011
- "American single certifications – Justin Moore – If Heaven Wasn%27t So Far Away". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
- "American single certifications – Justin Moore – Bait a Hook". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
- "American single certifications – Justin Moore – Til My Last Day". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
- "American album certifications – Justin Moore – Outlaws Like Me". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
My Kinda Party by Jason Aldean
|Top Country Albums number-one album
July 9, 2011
My Kinda Party by Jason Aldean