Over It (band)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Years active||1998 – Present|
|Labels||Virgin Records, Lobster Records, Negative Progression Records|
Over It is a rock band based in Orange County, California. Originally from Alexandria, Virginia, the band formed in 1998 to play pop punk. Most recently signed to Virgin Records, Over It is currently unsigned and inactive.
The band, originally a four-piece, started out on Negative Progression Records. After gaining a small but solid fan base, the band was picked up by Lobster Records, on which they released Timing Is Everything in 2002. In September and October 2003, the band supported Rufio and Motion City Soundtrack on a co-headlining cross country tour. They release Silverstrand in 2005. Silverstrand chronicles the band's move to southern California, and is their most focused work to date. Also in 2005, the band added Ryan Ogren as an extra guitar player. They released their Virgin Records debut, Step Outside Yourself, in late August 2006. They played an acoustic set at the first Bamboozle Left Festival which took place in Pomona, California.
Members of Over It have also performed as a second band, Runner Runner, in which Ogren sings lead.
On August 28, 2012, Munters released his first solo acoustic album, Wood & Wire. During interviews to promote that album, he confirmed that Over It has not disbanded, and speculated about a reunion and new material.
On May 31st, 2020, Munters appeared on the song "Wasteland" which can be found the "Chasm" EP by Vice Years.
- Over It (1999)
- Hindsight 20/20 (2001)
- Both Over It and Hindsight 20/20 were remastered and re-released as Outer Banks in 2006.
- The Acoustic Split with Junction 18 (2003)
- The Ready Series (2000)
- The Ready Series was remastered and re-released as Welcome To Virginia in 2006.
- Timing is Everything (2002)
- Silverstrand (2005)
- Step Outside Yourself (2006)
- The Strand (2008)
- Peter Munters (lead vocals, guitar)
- Nick Bailey (guitar)
- Ryan Ogren (guitar, background vocals)
- Seth Watts (bass, background vocals)
- James Ulrich (drums)
- Heisel, Scott (August 23, 2003). "Rufio / Motion City Soundtrack". Punknews.org. Retrieved August 13, 2020.
- "Interview with Nick Bailey (2006), Absolutepunk.net". Retrieved 2008-01-28.
- "Chasm, by Vice Years". Vice Years. Retrieved 2020-06-04.