Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow
|Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Sophie Fiennes|
|Produced by||Sophie Fiennes|
|Music by||Jörg Widmann|
|Edited by||Ethel Shepherd|
Kasander Film Company
Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow is a 2010 Sophie Fiennes documentary about the German industrial artist Anselm Kiefer's creation of a gesamtkunstwerk in an abandoned factory complex outside Barjac, France. Kiefer moved to the South of France from Germany in 1993 and began creating his art installation, "La Ribaute" on 35 acres of land belonging to an old silk factory. The film begins with a lengthy silence to show the tunnels and spaces the artist created before showing the artist and his process in creating the installation and a large landscape painting. The film opened at Cannes in 2010 as a special screening.
- Jennifer Shryane (28 November 2011). Blixa Bargeld and Einstürzende Neubauten: German Experimental Music - 'Evading Do-Re-Mi'. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. p. 174. ISBN 978-1-4094-2157-3.
- Bradshaw, Peter (16 May 2012). "Cannes film festival review – Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow". The Guardian. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- Dargis, Manohla (9 August 2011). "Touring an Artist's Pre-Apocalyptic Realm". The New York Times. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- Harrison, Rodney (December 2011). "Surface assemblages. Towards an archaeology in and of the present". Archaeological Dialogues. 18 (02): 141–161. doi:10.1017/S1380203811000195.
- V.A. Musetto (9 August 2011). "'Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow' movie, directed by Sophie Fiennes, opens in NYC". NYPOST.com. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- "Festival de Cannes - From 15th to 26th May 2013". Festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- Tobias, Scott (10 August 2011). "Movie Review - 'Grass Will Grow' On Abandoned Factory Art Project". NPR. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- "Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow - Film Calendar". The Austin Chronicle. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- O'Hehir, Andrew (11 August 2011). ""Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow": Inside Anselm Kiefer's apocalyptic theme park". Salon.com. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- Sheri Linden (6 January 2012). "Movie review: 'Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
|This article related to a French film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a documentary film about the arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|