Over Your Dead Body
This article consists almost entirely of a plot summary. It should be expanded to provide more balanced coverage that includes real-world context. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Over Your Dead Body|
|Directed by||Takashi Miike|
|Produced by||Misako Saka|
|Written by||Kikumi Yamagishi|
|Starring||Ichikawa Ebizō XI|
|Music by||Koji Endo|
|Edited by||Kenji Yamashita|
|Distributed by||Toei Company (Japan)|
Shout! Factory (USA)
|Box office||$1.1 million|
A star, Miyuki Goto (Kō Shibasaki) plays Oiwa, the protagonist in a new play based on the ghost story Yotsuya Kaidan. She pulls some strings to get her lover, Kosuke Hasegawa (Ebizō Ichikawa XI) cast in the play, even though he's a relatively unknown actor. Other performers, Rio Asahina (Miho Nakanishi) and Jun Suzuki (Hideaki Itō), lust after Miyuki. Offstage, the cast's possessive love and obsessions exist as reality. Trapped between the play and reality, the cast's feelings for each other are amplified. When it becomes clear that love is not meant to be both on and off stage, love turns into a grudge and crosses the blurred line between reality and fantasy.
- Ebizō Ichikawa XI as Kousuke Hasegawa/Tamiya Iemon
- Kō Shibasaki as Miyuki Goto/Oiwa
- Hideaki Itō as Jun Suzuki
- Miho Nakanishi
- Toshie Negishi
- Hiroshi Katsuno
- Ikko Furuya
- Tatsuya Nakadai
- Kei Satō
- Kenichi Hagiwara
- Koichi Sato
- Toshiaki Karasawa
- "Kuime (Over Your Dead Body) Box Office". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved October 16, 2019.
- Kevin Ma (15 May 2014). "Hot Japanese Genre Films in Cannes". Film Business Asia. Archived from the original on 17 May 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- 喰女-クイメ- (2013). allcinema.net (in Japanese). Stingray. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
|This article about a 2010s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|