Over the Mountain
|"Over the Mountain"|
|Single by Ozzy Osbourne|
|from the album Diary of a Madman|
|B-side||"I Don't Know (Live)"|
|Format||7" Vinyl (45RPM)|
|Writer(s)||Ozzy Osbourne, Randy Rhoads, Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake|
|Ozzy Osbourne singles chronology|
"Over the Mountain" is the opening track of heavy metal musician Ozzy Osbourne's album Diary of a Madman. The song debuted at number 42 on the Billboard Top Tracks chart and reached as high as 38. The song was written by Osbourne, Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake and Randy Rhoads. The song was later included on the Ozzy Osbourne compilation albums, The Ozzman Cometh on 11 November 1997, The Essential Ozzy Osbourne on 11 February 2003 and Prince of Darkness on 22 March 2005. Fozzy did a cover of the song with Butch Walker on vocals and guitar.
- Osbourne, Rhoads, Daisley and Kerslake
|Billboard Top Tracks||38|
- The song was covered by Fozzy with Butch Walker on vocals and guitar on their debut album, Fozzy, on 24 October 2000. In his review of the album, Steve Huey of Allmusic felt the cover had a "...tendency to go a little too far over the top..."
- The song was covered on Stryper's album The Covering on 15 February 2011. In his review of the album, Mark Allen of Hardrock Haven felt the cover version was a misstep and that "there are far better Ozzy offerings than "Over the Mountain."" But Morgan Y. Evans of MetalRiot thought the cover version was "...well suited to the signature soaring Stryper vocals you love or hate)."
- The song was covered by The Word Alive for the compilation album Punk Goes X on 25 January 2011 and then later included on their deluxe edition of Deceiver on 7 June 2011. In his review of the album, Matthew Kurtiz of Metal Delirium liked "the screams behind the main vocals."
- "Ozzy Osbourne, Over the Mountain". Allmusic. Rovi Corp. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "Rock Albums & Top Tracks". Billboard. 94 (5): 24. 6 February 1982. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- "Rock Albums & Top Tracks". Billboard. 94 (10): 32. 13 March 1982. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- Jericho, Chris (2011). Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps. Hachette Digital, Inc. p. 43. ISBN 9780446575119. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- Steve Huey. "Fozzy - Fozzy". Allmusic. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "The Covering - Stryper : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". Allmusic. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- Mark Allen (23 February 2011). "Styper: The Covering". Hardrock Haven. HardrockHaven.net. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- Morgan Y. Evans (23 February 2011). "Exclusive Interview: Stryper-The Covering". MetalRiot. MetalRiot.com. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- Karan, Tim (25 January 2011). "Stream the Word Alive's cover of Ozzy Osbourne from Punk Goes X". Alternative Press. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- Matthew Kuritz (30 June 2011). "The Word Alive - Decevier(Deluxe Edition)". Metal Delirium. Metal Delirium. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
|This metal song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|