Over the Rainbow (band)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Over the Rainbow|
Greg Smith, Paul Morris, Jürgen Blackmore, Bobby Rondinelli
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Years active||2008 - 2011|
Joe Lynn Turner
|Past members||Tony Carey|
Over the Rainbow were a rock band formed in 2008 by former members of Rainbow, along with Rainbow leader Ritchie Blackmore's son Jürgen (replacing his father on guitar). Members include Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow 1980-1984), Bobby Rondinelli (Rainbow 1980-1983), Tony Carey (Rainbow 1975-1977) and Greg Smith (Rainbow 1994-1997). Playing lead guitar is Rainbow founder Ritchie Blackmore's son, Jürgen Blackmore. There was originally at least one member in the band from every part of Rainbow's career except for the years 1979 to 1980. In late 2009, Carey was replaced by Paul Morris (Rainbow 1994-1997). They perform songs from all eras of Rainbow's music.
In 2008, Carey, Rondinelli, Smith and Turner decided to work together in performing Rainbow music again but agreed that the only legitimate way that this could be accomplished was with a Blackmore on guitar. In 2009, four ex-members Joe Lynn Turner, Bobby Rondinelli, Tony Carey and Greg Smith teamed up with Jürgen Blackmore, Ritchie's son, to form Over the Rainbow. Due to ill-health Carey had to leave following the first tour and was replaced by Paul Morris
Over The Rainbow started a tour of Russia and Europe in Fall 2009, which continued until Summer 2010. When asked about Over The Rainbow's plans to record a new album in an interview conducted by Neil Daniels, Bobby Rondinelli stated "Yes, in the near future."  In 2011 band went to a "hiatus" so members of the band could pursue other projects according to Joe Lynn Turner's official website.
- Jürgen Blackmore - guitar (2008-2011)
- Bobby Rondinelli - drums (2008-2011)
- Greg Smith - bass (2008-2011)
- Joe Lynn Turner - vocals (2008-2011)
- Paul Morris - keyboards (2009-2011)
- Former members
- Tony Carey - keyboards (2008-2009)
- "BIO". Official Site of J.R.Blackmore. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- "/news/Over The Rainbow Page". Joelynnturner.com. Retrieved 2010-11-13.
- "Over The Rainbow op Myspace Music – Gratis gestreamde MP3’s, foto’s en Videoclips". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2010-11-13.
- "Official Joe Lynn Turner website". Joelynnturner.com. Retrieved 2010-11-13.
- "GRTR! General rock reviews". Hotdigits.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-11-13.
- "JOE LYNN TURNER Goes Over The Rainbow". Blabbermouth.net. Feb 12, 2009.