|Developer(s)||Ghost Town Games|
|Release||August 7, 2018|
Overcooked 2 is a cooperative cooking simulation video game developed by Ghost Town Games and published by Team17. The sequel to Overcooked, it was released for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in August 2018.
In the cooking simulator game Overcooked 2, teams of up to four players cooperatively prepare and cook orders in absurd restaurants. Players chop and cook ingredients, combine them on plates, and serve dishes via a conveyor belt. Between coordinating short orders and bumping into each other's characters, the game tends to overwhelm. The sequel builds atop the original game, which was released in 2016, with new interactive levels, restaurant themes, chef costumes, and recipes. Some levels have moving floors and other obstacles that complicate the cooking process, including portals, moving walkways, and impassable fires. Other levels transition between settings and recipes, such as one that begins with preparing salads in a hot air balloon and ends crashlanded in a sushi kitchen. The sequel introduces ingredient tossing, such that players can throw items to another chef or pot from far away, and online multiplayer, in which teams can connect either across a local wireless network or through online matchmaking.
Overcooked 2 was released on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows, and Xbox One platforms on August 7, 2018. It was developed by Ghost Town Games and published by Team17. It was announced a month prior, at E3 2018. Atop the base game, the developers created cosmetic add-on content, such as a platypus character costume exclusive to the Nintendo Switch release and a pack of other character costumes as pre-order bonus.
|2018||Game Critics Awards||Best Family/Social Game||Won|||
|Best Independent Game||Nominated|
|Golden Joystick Awards||Best Co-operative Game||Nominated|||
|The Game Awards 2018||Best Family Game||Won|||
- Crecente, Brian (2018-06-12). "Overcooked 2 Coming to Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, Xbox One". Variety. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- Mejia, Ozzie (2018-07-19). "Overcooked 2: San Diego Comic-Con 2018 Hands-on Preview". Shacknews. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- McWhertor, Michael (2018-06-12). "Overcooked 2 announced, coming this August". Polygon. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- Gilbert, Brian (2018-06-18). "Overcooked 2 is just as hectic as ever". Polygon. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- Soto, Fran (2018-06-12). "E3 2018: Overcooked 2 Fresh Hot Announcement". Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Overcooked! 2 for PC Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2018-09-06.
- "Overcooked! 2 for Switch Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2018-09-06.
- "Overcooked! 2 for PlayStation 4 Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2018-09-06.
- "Overcooked! 2 for Xbox One Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2018-09-06.
- Watts, Steve (2018-07-05). "Resident Evil 2 Wins Top Honor In E3 Game Critics Awards". GameSpot. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- Hoggins, Tom (2018-09-24). "Golden Joysticks 2018 nominees announced, voting open now". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- Sheridan, Connor (2018-11-16). "Golden Joystick Awards 2018 winners: God of War wins big but Fortnite gets Victory Royale". GamesRadar+. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- McWhertor, Michael (2018-11-13). "The Game Awards 2018 nominees led by God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2". Polygon. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- Grant, Christopher (2018-12-06). "The Game Awards 2018: Here are all the winners". Polygon. Retrieved 2018-12-07.