From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up overlap in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Overlap may mean one of:
- In music theory, overlap is a synonym for reinterpretation of a chord at the boundary of two musical phrases
- Overlap (railway signalling), the length of track beyond a stop signal that is proved to be clear of obstructive ctions as a safety margin
- Overlap (road), a place where multiple road numbers overlap
- Overlap add, an efficient convolution method using FFT
- Overlap coefficient, a similarity measure between sets
- Orbital overlap, important concept in quantum mechanics describing a type of orbital interaction that affects bond strength
Overlapping can refer to:
- "Reaching over," term in Schenkerian theory, see Schenkerian analysis#Lines between voices, reaching over
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Overlap.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.