Overlea High School
5401 Kenwood Ave
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Baltimore Public Schools|
|Principal||Monica C Sample|
|Hours in school day||7:45 - 2:15|
|Campus size||29 acres (120,000 m2)|
|School colour(s)||Blue and Orange|
About the School
The original building was constructed in the early-1960s. The main structure is 124,266 square feet. It is located on Kenwood Avenue in eastern Baltimore County near the I-695 and I-95 interchange. Though in an unincorporated part of the county, it serves the areas of White Marsh, Rosedale, Overlea, and Fullerton.
The graduation rate at Overlea has been steady at 79-90% over the past 10 years ending in 2007.
Based on current enrollment information, there are approximately 1,230 students that attend Overlea High School. There are 430 students in the ninth grade, 405 students in the tenth grade, 369 in the eleventh grade, and 332 in the twelfth grade.
Of the 1,230 students that attend Overlea High School, 808 (65.7%) of them are Black or African American, 25 (2.1%) are Asian American, 77 (6.3%) are Hispanic or Latino, 279 (22.7%) are White, and 38 (3.1%) are other.
Of the 1,230 students, there are 553 (45%) girls and 676 (55%) boys.
- 1983 - Football, Class 3A
- 1986- Football, Class 3A
- 1987- Football, Class 3A
- 1988- Football, Class 3A
- 1989- Football, Class 2A
- 1990- Football, Class 2A
- 1991- Football, Class 2A
- 2011- Football, Class 1A
- 2011- Football, 1a/2a Baltimore county champions
- 2012- Boys Track n Field Baltimore county 1a/2a Division Champions
- 2012 Girls Track n Field Baltimore county 1a/2a Division champions
• 1995 - Baseball, Class 2A
• 1993 - JV Baseball, Baltimore County Champions
- 1971 - Boys Soccer
- 1981 - Softball, Class AA
- 1998 - Wrestling State Dual Meets
- Bernard Hopkins, (1992) is a professional basketball player in Spain's Liga ACB.
- Dave Johnson (1977), former Major League pitcher, currently a broadcaster for MASN
- Jamie Miller (1993) drummer for Bad Religion, guitarist/drummer for ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, theSTART, drummer for Snot
- Steve Mollenkopf (1987) Chief Executive Officer & President of Qualcomm, Inc.
- Mike Riley, (1993) is an American cartoonist best known as the creator of the webcomic, I Taste Sound
- Mike Rowe, (1980) is an American media personality. He is the host of the Discovery Channel's Dirty Jobs, as well as narrator for other programs on the Discovery Channel
References and notes
- "Maryland Property Database".
- "Baltimore County Public Schools website" (PDF).
- "Maryland Report Card".
- "Maryland State Department of Education".
- "MPSSAA Boys Soccer" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2005-03-08.
- "Qualcomm Names Steve Mollenkopf CEO and President - Qualcomm".
- Jill C. Wheeler (August 2015). Getting Gritty with Mike Rowe. ABDO. p. 28. ISBN 978-1-62969-835-9.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Overlea High School.|