Overload (Swedish band)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (September 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Labels||Black Mark 
|Past members||Carina Englund
Overload is a heavy metal band from Bollnäs, Sweden. The band was formed by Tony Sunnhag (earlier known as Tony Frisk) and Tony Sandberg back in 1987. They got most of their present sound when Stefan Jonsson joined the band 1992. They have some kind of old style thrash metal sound, with rhythm, harmony and melody as their foundation. Their inspiration comes from life itself, both good and bad things. Their lyrics are not just fantasy, many of their lyrics comes from their dreams. Overload has a sound, influenced by bands like Pantera, Metallica and Judas Priest.
Overload recorded their first record 1989. It was produced and engineered by Overload and Bror Törnell at FS Studio in Sweden. This first record didn’t have any name, but it was to be called "Whiskey Drinking Woman" It was released in Jan 1990.
Their second album was recorded and mixed in 1990. Produced and engineered by Overload and Bror Törnell at FS Studio. A single influenced by Harley-Davidson Motorcycles, named "Second Stroke". It was released in 1991.
1994–1995 they recorded several tracks which never got released. Except for one, a ballad called "Age Of Loneliness". It was released on a CD collection with FS Studio 1994.
For a few years they took a break and 2006 they decided to re-establish their musical crusade, and they got back to finish the recordings that was left unreleased in 1995. 11 years later, in 2006 they released their fourth record "Back On Track". All 8 tracks were recorded 1994–1995.
2007 they recorded 11 tracks, and released "The Dark Side Of Ambition". They also produced videos for three of the tracks. Their singers daughter (Malin Sunnhag) put her vocals in the two first verses on "A Voice From The Dark", 12 years old at the time.
2008 they recorded 11 tracks and released "The Procession Of Tartaros". They also produced videos for two of the tracks. And they recorded a live DVD video from the Rock The Mountain Festival in Söderhamn, Sweden.
- Tony Sunnhag – Vocals/Bass (1987–present)
- Tony Sandberg – Drums (1987–present)
- Stefan Jonsson – Guitar, (1992–present)
- Benke Sandberg – Bass (1987–1996)
- Hasse Ottosson – Guitar (1989–1992)
- Matte Lindblom – Guitar (1989–1992)
- Carina Englund – Guitar (1992–1996)
- 1990: Whiskey Drinking Woman (EP vinyl)
- 1991: Second Stroke (EP/Single vinyl)
- 1993: Difference of Opinion (CD album)
- 1994: National Confusion (CD collection)
- 2006: Back on Track (CD album)
- 2007: The Dark Side of Ambition (CD album)
- 2008: The Procession of Tartaros (CD album)
- "The BNR Metal Pages". bnrmetal.com.
- "Black Mark Production". blackmark.net.
- "Overload – Difference of Opinion – Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives". metal-archives.com.
- "Overload - Difference of Opinion". Music Might.