Overseas Chinese Town
Overseas Chinese Town (simplified Chinese: 华侨城; traditional Chinese: 華僑城; pinyin: huáqiáo chéng; Jyutping: Waa4 Kiu4 Sing4) is the colloquial name for a cluster of scenic spots in Nanshan District of Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China, around the Window of the World Station, Overseas Chinese Town Station, Qiaocheng East Station and Qiaocheng North Station of the Luobao Line (Line 1) and Shekou Line (Line 2) of Shenzhen Metro. In the future, Meilin Line (Line 9) will also pass this area and serve OCT Harbour (OCT Bay) and the University of Hong Kong-Shenzhen Hospital. It is classified as an AAAAA scenic area by the China National Tourism Administration.
The area features a number of theme parks, they include "Splendid China" (simplified Chinese: 锦绣中华; traditional Chinese: 錦綉中華), "Chinese Folk Culture Village" (Chinese: 民族文化村), "Window of the World" (Chinese: 世界之窗) and "Happy Valley Shenzhen" (simplified Chinese: 欢乐谷; traditional Chinese: 歡樂谷). It is currently owned and operated by Overseas Chinese Town Enterprises and its subsidiaries.
- "AAAAA Scenic Areas". China National Tourism Administration. 16 November 2008. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- The Overseas Chinese Town
- Top Eight Shenzhen Scenic Spots-Overseas Chinese Town
- Overseas Chinese Town Holding Company
- Huaqiaocheng Station with exits in English/Chinese/Pinyin
- OCT BAY Mangrove Groove 3D Watershow
|This Shenzhen-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|