|Subject||Unnecessary health care|
Overtreated - Why too much Medicine is Making us Sicker and Poorer is a 2007 book by Shannon Brownlee about unnecessary health care.
A reviewer writing in a social work journal found the book's findings "insightful" and the examples given as "poignant".
- Leonhardt, David (19 December 2007). "No. 1 Book, and It Offers Solutions". The New York Times. New York: NYTC. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "Overtreated - Kirkus Review". Kirkus Reviews. 1 July 2007.
- "When a pound of cure is too much". csmonitor.com. 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- Cox, L. E. (2009). "A Review of: "Brownlee, S. (2007).Overtreated: Why Too Much Medicine is Making Us Sicker and Poorer."". Journal of Social Work in End-Of-Life & Palliative Care. 5 (3–4): 219–221. doi:10.1080/15524250903555759. S2CID 74464762.
- Hadler, Nortin (7 November 2007). "Overtreated: Why Too Much Medicine Is Making Us Sicker and Poorer". JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association. 298 (17): 2070–2075. doi:10.1001/jama.298.17.2071-a.
- Doyle, Shannon (March–April 2010). "Overtreated: Why Too Much Medicine Is Making Us Sicker and Poorer". American Journal of Medical Quality. 25 (2): 159–160. doi:10.1177/1062860609346502. S2CID 71519473.
- "Overtreated: why too much medicine is making us sicker and poorer". Nursing Ethics. 16 (2): 255–256. March 2009. doi:10.1177/0969733008100084. S2CID 71478496.
- interview with author on The Health Care Blog
- book review on the Doctor Skeptic blog
- book review on the Healthcare Economist blog
- Are Today's Hospital Patients 'Overtreated'? NPR interview of author about book by Ira Flatow
- video interview by National Institutes of Health
- video interview with Shannon Brownlee about Overtreated on C-SPAN
- audio interview of author about book on Science Friday
- video on book and author by BMJ