|Born||28 June 1989|
|Playing style||Shakehand grip|
|Highest ranking||46 (October 2018)|
|Current ranking||46 (October 2018)|
|Club||Post SV Mühlhausen & SCM Gloria Buzău|
In September 2018, Ionescu reached his first European Championships final but lost to No.1 seed Timo Boll. He defeated holder of the continental title Emmanuel Lebesson in the second round, 6th seed Jonathan Groth in the round of 16, 9th seed Vladimir Samsonov in the quarterfinals and 8th seed Kristian Karlsson in the semifinals..
- Romanian Championships: 3 Singles Titles (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Single European Runner-Up 2018
- European Championships: 2 Mixed Doubles Bronze Medal together with Bernadette Szőcs (2012, 2016)
Ionescu has been playing in Germany since 2005. He entered the World Singles Rankings - Top 100 for the first time in 2016.
- "Player profile". International Table Tennis Federation. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "Ovidiu Ionescu" (in German). ttbl.de. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "De la 1 ianuarie, Ovidiu Ionescu este jucătorul clubului SCM Gloria Buzău" (in Romanian). Scurt pe 2. 13 January 2018.
- "Ovidiu Ionescu". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on August 28, 2016. Retrieved August 28, 2016.
- "Men's Singles - Standings". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on August 27, 2016. Retrieved August 28, 2016.
- "Pride restored, Ovidiu Ionescu upholds national honour". International Table Tennis Federation. 22 September 2018.
- "Ovidiu Ionescu, argint istoric la Campionatele Europene de tenis de masă" (in Romanian). Prosport. 23 September 2018.
|This biographical article relating to a Romanian sportsperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|