- to the north
Mount Albert (894 m)
According to the 2001 census, Owairaka has a population of 6678. The local state secondary school is Mount Albert Grammar School .
Owairaka is home to the world famous Owairaka Athletic Club  which is based at the historic Lovelock Track where five world records have been set. During the 1960s the club led the world in middle and long distance running under the guidance of the legendary coach Arthur Lydiard (ONZ,OBE), producing many international and national champions, most notably, Murray Halberg (ONZ, MBE)  and the New Zealand Athlete of the Century, Peter Snell (KNZM, MBE).
- Auckland City Athletic Club History, Auckland City Athletic Club, retrieved 28 January 2013
- Owairaka Athletic Club History, Owairaka Athletic Club, 2012, retrieved 28 January 2013
- Arthur Lydiard, NZ History, retrieved 28 January 2013
- Halberg, Murray Gordon, MBE, Encyclopedia of New Zealand, retrieved 28 January 2013
- Peter Snell, NZ Olympic Committee, retrieved 28 January 2013
|This Auckland Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|