|Residence||Irvine, California, U.S.|
|Born||c. 1983 (age 34–35)
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
Owais Ahmed (Urdu: اویس احمد , born c. 1983) is a Pakistani professional poker player from Anaheim, CA. He won his first World Series of Poker bracelet at the 2011 World Series of Poker where he finished in the money in five mixed game events. He also has won over $1.3 million in live poker tournament earnings.
World Series of Poker
|2011||$2,500 Omaha hold 'em/Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo||$ 255,959|
Ahmed made the final table of his first WSOP in the money finish with a 5th-place finish in the 2010 408-player $1,500 Seven Card Stud Event 21 for a prize of $29,809. Prior to winning his first bracelet the following year, this was his highest prize. In 2011, he notched a 1st-place finish to earn his first bracelet at a final table that included five-time bracelet winner Scotty Nguyen and a heads up match against Michael Mizrachi at the 450-player $2,500 Omaha/Seven Card Stud Hi-Low-8 or Better Event 47 for a prize of $255,959. He overcame a three-to-one chip deficit against Mizrachi at the start of heads up play.
- "Owais Ahmed". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved July 8, 2011.
- "2010 41st Annual World Series of Poker: Event #21: Seven Card Stud". WSOP.com. Retrieved July 9, 2011.
- "2011 42nd Annual World Series of Poker: Event #47: Omaha/Seven Card Stud Hi-Low-8 or Better". WSOP.com. Retrieved July 9, 2011.
- Lucchesi, Ryan. "World Series of Poker -- Owais Ahmed Wins $2,500 Omaha/Seven-Card Stud Eight-or-Better: Ahmed Beats Michael Mizrachi Heads Up for his First Gold Bracelet". Card Player. Retrieved July 9, 2011.
- Fiorvanti, Tim. "WSOP Bracelet Winner Profile: Owais Ahmed". Bluff Magazine. Retrieved July 9, 2011.