|• Total||5.93 sq mi (15.35 km2)|
|• Land||5.92 sq mi (15.33 km2)|
|• Water||0.008 sq mi (0.02 km2)|
|Elevation||643 ft (196 m)|
|• Density||69/sq mi (26.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||451310|
Owensburg is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Jackson Township, Greene County, Indiana, United States. It was named in honor of the Owens family of early settlers. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 406.
Owensburg is located in southeastern Greene County at Martin County line, and the western edge of the CDP follows Indiana State Road 45. State Road 58 passes through the center of Owensburg, leading east 17 miles (27 km) to Bedford and west with State Road 45 11 miles (18 km) to Interstate 69 and U.S. Route 231 near Scotland. State Road 45 leads north from Owensburg 4 miles (6 km) to Interstate 69 and 25 miles (40 km) to Bloomington.. The southern border of the CDP follows the
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Owensburg CDP has a total area of 5.9 square miles (15.4 km2), of which 0.01 square miles (0.02 km2), or 0.13%, is water. The center of Owensburg is in the valley of Town Branch, which flows east to Indian Creek, a tributary of East Fork of the White River and part of the Wabash River watershed.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Owensburg, Indiana
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 254. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...named for the local Owens family.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Owensburg CDP, Indiana". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
|This Greene County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|