This article needs to be updated.May 2013)(
The desert is in northern Nevada, southwestern Idaho and southeastern Oregon. It is located on the south edge of the Columbia Plateau southwest of Boise, Idaho, stretching east from the Santa Rosa Range. It has a mean elevation of approximately 5,300 ft (1,600 m). The Owyhee Desert is primarily drained by the tributaries of the Bruneau River and Owyhee Rivers, which then flow into the Snake River.
In 1999, the Desert Group submitted an alternative for Owyhee resource management.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Owyhee Desert.|
- Bruneau – Jarbidge Rivers Wilderness
- Owyhee River Wilderness
- Yp Desert
- Northern Basin and Range (ecoregion)
- Owyhee Uplands National Back Country Byway (PDF) (Map). BLM. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-03-15. Retrieved 2007-04-21.
- "Owyhee Desert: Ranching, Recreation, Conservation, Way of Life". FocusWest.org. Archived from the original on 2010-10-06. Retrieved 2010-10-20.
- "Introduction" (PDF). Bureau of Land Management. December 30, 1999. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-10-28. Retrieved 2010-10-20.
|This Oregon location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|