|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
OxRecs DIGITAL is a classical location sound recording company based in the UK. OxRecs specialises in recording choral, organ music, and chamber orchestras in their normal playing locations, rather than in purpose-built recording studios.
Artists and organs
The OxRecs catalog features the music and performances of artists such as:
- The Choir of Caius College, Cambridge directed by Geoffrey Webber
- The Choir of Durham Cathedral directed by James Lancelot
- The Choir of Magdalen College, Oxford directed by Bernard Rose
- Simon Lindley
It also features the organs from:
- Eton College
- Oxford University notably the Sheldonian Theatre
- Cambridge University including King's College, Cambridge
- Chester Cathedral
OxRecs is significant for recordings of reproduction Tudor organ and choir. OXCD-101 is of music recorded at St John's College, Cambridge, while OXCD-106 is recorded in Durham Cathedral. These CDs, using organs based on 1520s-30s soundboards and contract documents, offer the closest sound approach yet available for music on the Redford-Tallis-Byrd timeline.
|This article about a United Kingdom record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|