Oksana Gennadyevna Fedorova
17 December 1977
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Title||Miss Saint Petersburg 1999|
Miss Russia 2001
Miss Universe 2002
|Miss Russia 2001|
Miss Universe 2002
Oksana Gennadyevna Borodina (Russian: Оксана Геннадьевна Бородина, romanized: Oksana Gennad'yevna Borodina; née Fedorova, Russian: Фёдорова, romanized: Fyodorova; born 17 December 1977), known professionally as Oxana Fedorova, is a Russian television presenter, singer, actress, fashion designer, model and beauty queen. Outside of her career in the entertainment industry, Fedorova is a former police officer.
Fedorova began her career in the entertainment industry as a model, later becoming Miss Saint Petersburg 1999 and Miss Russia 2001. She went on to win Miss Universe 2002, becoming the first Russian entrant to win Miss Universe. She reigned for 119 days until becoming the first Miss Universe to be dethroned (the reasons for which are not entirely clear), after which she began a career in television, hosting shows such as Good Night, Little Ones! and Fort Boyard: Russia. She has also participated in numerous charity projects, becoming a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2007. She said in 2016 she became annoyed and frustrated during Donald Trump’s presidential campaign because Western media pestered her for information to apparently defame the billionaire.
Early life and education
Fedorova was born in Pskov to parents Gennadiy Fedorov, a nuclear physicist, and Elena Fedorova (née Trofimovich), a psychiatric nurse. Her parents divorced when she was three years old, and her father subsequently left the family. She was raised as an only child and was brought up by her mother and maternal grandparents. From 1985-1995, she attended lyceum at Pskov and was the captain of the volleyball team and learned to play the guitar while in school. After graduation, she tried to begin a modeling career but various modeling agencies in Saint Petersburg and Moscow were not interested in her.
Mikhail Grigoryevich Vasilyev (Russian: Михаил Григорьевич Васильев), her maternal grandmother's father, had been a police officer at Saint Petersburg before and during the Great Patriotic War after which he was transferred to Pskov for more police duties and received the award "Honorary Citizen of the City of Pskov" for his police work there. Her maternal grandfather Alexey Trofimovich Kulikov (Russian: Алексей Трофимович Куликов) encouraged her to continue the family tradition of duty to the country and become a police officer.
After working as a police officer in Pskov, she moved to Saint Petersburg to attend the Saint Petersburg University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. While a student, she worked as an investigator for the Pulkovo Transport Police.
Fedorova graduated from university in 2000, and later began post-graduate studies at the same university. She wrote her thesis on "Regulation of Private Detective and Security Activity in the Russian Federation," and also taught civil law to younger students. In 2002, Fedorova successfully defended her doctoral thesis, and subsequently, she obtained her Doctor of Philosophy degree in civil law from the Saint Petersburg University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in 2003. After receiving her doctorate, she continued to teach at the Saint Petersburg University of the Ministry of Interior of Russia.
Fedorova enrolled in the police academy as a teenager, where she played the saxophone in the academy's brass band. After graduating, Fedorova worked as an inspector in Pskov for six months. While a university student in Saint Petersburg, she worked as an investigator for the Pulkovo Transport Police. After finishing her doctorate in 2005, she continued her career as a police officer, being promoted to captain in September 2002 and major in 2005.
Modeling and pageantry
In 1999, Fedorova began working professionally as a model, and later became introduced to beauty pageants. That year, she was named Miss Saint Petersburg and Miss Kalokagathia. In 2001, she represented Saint Petersburg at Miss Russia, where she was declared the winner.
Miss Universe 2002
As Miss Russia 2001, Fedorova was selected to represent Russia at Miss Universe 2002, held in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Her work visa from Russia was delayed due to tensions between Russia and the United States over upcoming nuclear weapons discussions between United States President George W. Bush and Russian President Vladimir Putin, so she arrived at San Juan much later than other contestants. Donald Trump, owner of the Miss Universe Organization said, "This is an unusual year, and these countries are right in the middle of a lot of turmoil. It's tough stuff. Once they're [in San Juan] they feel safe, but it's the getting there that concerns some of them." Fedorova won both the swimsuit and evening gown competitions by large margins over the other nine semi-finalists. Upon being crowned Miss Universe 2002, Fedorova was given multiple honors and gifts. Russian designer Helen Yarmak created a doll for her. Fedorova traveled to Canada, France, Greece, Indonesia, Italy, Kenya, Panama, Puerto Rico, and the United States as Miss Universe 2002.
In Kenya, Fedorova toured HIV/AIDS programs in and around Nairobi, including AIDS orphanages. When she was in Indonesia, she visited Borobudur in Central Java with Miss Indonesia 2002 Melanie Putria Dewita Sari. They also met the President of Indonesia Megawati Sukarnoputri at her residence Istana Negara. In Paris, Fedorova attended the 131st General Assembly of the International Exhibitions Bureau, where she met Nobel Prize winner in physics Zhores Alfyorov. In Italy, Fedorova helped crown Miss Universe Italy 2003 Silvia Ceccon, and while visiting Canada, Fedorova attended the 2002 Toronto International Film Festival. In Panama, Fedorova attended the contract signing that made Panama the host country of the Miss Universe 2003 competition, and in September 2002, Fedorova returned to Puerto Rico to help crown Miss Puerto Rico Universe 2003 Carla Tricoli.
A few months after Fedorova's crowning, she was rumored to be pregnant, and was later dethroned by the Miss Universe Organization. Fedorova denied the pregnancy rumors and stated that she voluntarily gave up her crown for personal reasons, mainly because she wanted to finish her law degree. She later stated in an interview that she had declined to perform her duties because she was so insulted by her treatment on The Howard Stern Show. She blamed the pageant organizers for not warning her of the sexual questions Howard Stern frequently asks. The Mikimoto Crown was passed on to first-runner up Justine Pasek of Panama, who subsequently became her country's first Miss Universe. Fedorova was the first Miss Universe to be dethroned.
Despite her dethronement, Fedorova was named the most beautiful Miss Universe of all time by the pageantry website Global Beauties in 2011, and in a poll conducted by the All-Russian Center for the Study of Public Opinion in 2012, respondents named Fedorova the most beautiful woman in Russia.
Film and television career
Following her dethronement in 2003, Fedorova began pursuing a career in television after being selected to host the long-running Russian children's program Good Night, Little Ones!, beginning in January 2003. The show won the TEFI award for Best Children's Show in October 2003. She went on to cohost the show Subbotnik on Russia-1 from 2004 to 2010. She hosted the Russian national selections for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2009 and Eurovision Song Contest 2010, in addition to serving as Russia's spokesperson for the 2008, 2010, and 2012 Eurovision Song Contests.[better source needed] In 2014, she began hosting the style and fashion program Koroleva krasoty.
In 2006, Fedorova competed in the second season of the Russian version of Dancing with the Stars. She came in fifth place. She additionally appeared as a guest judge on the Russian version of Project Runway in 2011, and as a contestant on the Russian version of Name That Tune in 2014. As a voice actress, Fedorova has voiced Russian language versions of Barbie in Toy Story 3 and Queen Clarion in the Tinker Bell film series.
Fedorova began her music career in 2009, releasing the single "Prava lyubov" with Nikolay Baskov. The song went on to win Duet of the Year at the 2010 Golden Gramophone Awards. She later released the solo single "Na shag odin" in 2010. Her debut studio album Na krayu u lyubvi was released in 2011. She released the single "Moya doktrina" in 2013. Fedorova and Russian tenor, Dmitry Galikhin released the official video of their Spanish duet "Historia de un Amor" in 2019.
In 2008, Fedorova released her first book The Formula of Style. The book contained beauty and style advice, in addition to autobiographical information on Fedorova. In 2010, she became the editor-in-chief of MODA TOPICAL Magazine. Fedorova launched her fashion line OFERA in 2014. It made its debut at the Spring/Summer 2015 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Moscow.
Fedorova has partaken in numerous charity projects. She has been a member of UNICEF since 2006, and became a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2007. Fedorova is additionally a member of the Board of Advisors for the Russian Children's Welfare Society. She created the charity Speshite delat dobro! in October 2009 with the assistance of the Russian Ministry of Defence. The foundation provides support to orphans and children in difficult situations, providing specific attention to orphaned children of parents who died while serving in the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs or Russian Armed Forces. In 2011, Fedorova founded a school in Ufa for girls ages 10–16.
Fedorova is a practicing Russian Orthodox Christian. In 2007, Fedorova married German model Philip Toft in Munich. They divorced in 2010. In 2011, Fedorova married Andrey Borodin, a KGB officer, member of the Presidential Administration of Russia, and vice president of the Russian Boxing Federation. Fedorova and Borodin have two children together; a son born in 2012 and a daughter born in 2013.
Since she was three years old, Fedorova had no contact with her father. In 2005, she attempted to locate him but discovered that he had died.
- Na krayu u lyubvi (2011)
|2003–present||Good Night, Little Ones!||Herself||Host|
|2003–2004; 2006||Fort Boyard: Russia||Host; contestant|
|2005||Ty - supermodel (season 2)||Judge|
|2006||Ne rodis krasivoy||1 episode|
|Tantsy so zvyozdami||Herself||Contestant; 5th place|
|2008||Tinker Bell||Queen Clarion||Russian dub|
|National Final 2009|
|2009 Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk||Cohost|
|Toy Story 3||Barbie||Russian dub|
|2010 Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk||Herself||Cohost|
|2011||Project Runway Russia||Guest judge; 1 episode|
|2012||Secret of the Wings||Queen Clarion||Russian dub|
|Eurovision Song Contest 2012||Herself||Guest Spokesperson and Voting Announcer|
|2014||The Pirate Fairy||Queen Clarion||Russian dub|
|Name That Tune Russia||Herself||Contestant; 1 episode|
Awards and nominations
|2010||ZD Award||Duet of the Year||"Prava lyubov"
(with Nikolay Baskov)
|Golden Gramophone Award|||
- 2012 — BIAF for contribution to charity (Lebanon, Beirut)
- Adu, Aletha (10 November 2016). "Russian Miss Universe slams Western media for 'harassing her to DERAIL Trump's campaign'". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 18 December 2020.
- Oxana Fedorova Biography Archived 18 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Oxana Fedorova Police Investigator Archived 18 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Oxana Fedorova's Dissertation Archived 18 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Ph.D. in Law Archived 18 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Pskov Militia Archived 18 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Обобщения – Самая опасная, но не самая престижная. Почему не идут в милиционеры?. Лента новостей "РИА Новости" – 10 November 2006
- Model and Beauty Queen Archived 18 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Платья от Tony Ward показала Оксана Федорова. Krasotana5.ru (20 September 2006). Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "A Milano debutta Anna Direchina, la giovane stilista russa - Pambianconews notizie e aggiornamenti moda, lusso e made in Italy". Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Ореанда-Новости" — Стиль жизни / Таша Строгая представила свою коллекцию на Неделе Моды в Москве. Oreanda.ru (25 March 2008). Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Natalia Velevskaya, сезон осень-зима 2008/2009 – Natalia Valevskaya – Дизайнеры – Неделя Моды в Москве Archived 11 April 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- PITCHER, WIFE PLAY HARDBALL IN DIVORCE by George Rush, Joanna Molloy, Kasia Anderson and Lauren Rubin (May 16, 2002) from Daily News website
- "Miss Universe in Indonesia". Archived from the original on 12 May 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Oxana Fedorova / Personalities of St. Petersburg / Petersburg CITY / Guide to St. Petersburg, Russia". petersburgcity.com. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- Oxana Fedorova en Panamá Archived 4 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Oxana Fedorova regresa a Puerto Rico Archived 9 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "Miss Universe 2002 at Toronto International Film Festival". Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Miss Universe will come to Russia". PravdaReport. 7 June 2002. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "More Than Just a Pretty Face: Miss Universe Addresses HIV/AIDS in Kenya". Archived from the original on 4 August 2010. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Melanie and Oxana visited Borobudur". Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Melanie Putria: Berita Terbaru Hari Ini". KapanLagi.com. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Melanie and Oxana met the Megawati Soekarnoputri". Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "RIA Novosti media library :: Gallery". 19 October 2015. Archived from the original on 19 October 2015. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- SitoFelice.it, powered by. "Miss Universe Italy". www.missuniverseitaly.it. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Miss Universe Oxana Fedorova during 2002 Toronto Film Festival... | WireImage | 129969360". www.wireimage.com. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Oxana in Panama for contract signing". Archived from the original on 23 October 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- Oxana in Puerto Rico for crowning. Archived 9 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- I'm not married.. The Sydney Morning Herald. (25 September 2002). Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Newsmakers. Houston Chronicle News Services Archived 18 June 2010 at the Wayback Machine. Chron.com (28 September 2002). Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "BehindTheCrown.com is for sale". HugeDomains. Archived from the original on 2 February 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- Most beautiful Miss Universe of all time. Globalbeauties.com. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Спокойной ночи, малыши!. Телеканал "РОССИЯ". Rutv.ru. 27 September 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Лучшая детская программа. Rutv.ru. 27 September 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Субботник. Телеканал "РОССИЯ". Rutv.ru. 27 September 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "AnNews.ru - Агентство национальных новостей, Тиц2300 - DomenForum.net". domenforum.net. Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Russia at Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2009 - Россия на Детском Евровидении 2009". esckaz.com. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- Eurovision 2008 Archived 31 December 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- "Eurovision 2010". Archived from the original on 14 July 2011. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Stories". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Oxana Fedorova new TV show on Domashniy channel". Archived from the original on 6 January 2016. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- "Оксана Федорова стала ведущей шоу о шопинге "Королева красоты"". HELLO! Russia. 11 May 2014. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- «Танцы со звездами-2»: Оксана Федорова была самой красивой, а Настя Мельникова – самой заводной. Kp.ru. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Project Runway-Russia Archived 12 July 2012 at archive.today
- "Смотреть "Угадай мелодию. Тамара Гвердцители, Глеб Матвейчук, Оксана Федорова" онлайн - eTVnet". www.etvnet.com. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Oxana Fedorova "Name That Tune"". Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- В "Истории игрушек" Барби и Кен заговорят голосами Федоровой и Баскова. Rian.ru (23 September 2011). Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Российские звезды озвучили фильм "Феи: Загадка пиратского острова"". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Оксана Федорова снова станет королевой". 7Дней.ру. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- Walt Disney Pictures представляет анимационную сказку «Феи» (Tinker Bell). Volgograd.ru (15 April 2011). Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Права любовь. Kp.ru. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Оксана Фёдорова презентовала клип на песню "На шаг один" Archived 29 June 2012 at archive.today. Mapmusic.ru (21 July 2010). Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- первый сольный альбом "На краю у любви" Archived 18 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Uralweb.ru. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Сайт Оксаны Федоровой | Главная страница". fedorovaoksana.com. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- Морозова, Оксана (24 May 2019). "Оксана Федорова и Дмитрий Галихин рассказали в АиФ "Историю одной любви"". aif.ru. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- Формула стиля The Formula of Style. Style.passion.ru. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- MODA Topical. Modatopical.ru. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Образ дня: Оксана Федорова в Ofera". 7Дней.ру. 13 February 2014. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Главная / Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia". / Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia. Archived from the original on 12 November 2014. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "National ambassadors". UNICEF. 3 February 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- RCWS. RCWS. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Благотворительный Фонд Оксаны Федоровой". fedorovafond.ru. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Фонд Оксаны Федоровой "Спешите делать добро!" для детей приюта Никита". Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- "Оксана Федорова и фонд "Спешите Делать Добро!"пригласили друзей на ужин". Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Йога для женщин "Секреты Шакти" | Абсолютный мир - центр красоты и здоровья". absolutmir.ru. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- Miss Universe 2002: “Spiritual Help Only in Orthodoxy” Archived 27 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Prescottorthodox.org (7 August 2010). Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- ВЗГЛЯД / Оксана Федорова вышла замуж за немецкого бизнесмена. Vz.ru (13 August 2007). Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "NevaNews - einfach gut informiert". www.nevanews.com. Archived from the original on 26 November 2010. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- Оксана Федорова официально развелась с мужем-немцем. Eg.ru. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Оксана Федорова официально развелась с мужем. Ru.trend.az (17 April 2010). Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Николай Басков: «Оксана Федорова наконец-то развелась с мужем!». Kp.ru. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Оксана гордится тем, что скоро станет мамой". Archived from the original on 26 November 2011. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Стало известно, за кого вышла замуж Оксана Федорова". www.woman.ru. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- Андрей Михайлович Бородин назначен вице-президентом Федерации бокса России
- ""Мисс Вселенная" Оксана Федорова стала мамой". aif.ru. 6 March 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- Мисс Вселенная Оксана Федорова родила сына. LifeNews.
- "Оксана Федорова назвала сына Федором". kp.ru. 17 April 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Оксана Федорова снова стала мамой". kp.ru. 24 July 2013. Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- Оксана Федорова стала мамой во второй раз
- "Oxana Fedorova and her husband Andrey Borodin name their daughter Elizaveta". Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- «Мисс Вселенная» идет в депутаты. Kp.ru. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Тульские PRяники. Pryaniki.org. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Выборы-2004. У кандидатов и социологов – горячая пора Archived 23 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Vesti7.ru (29 February 2004). Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Rrpvita.by.ru". Retrieved 18 November 2021.
- "Dethroned Miss Universe 2002 Oxana Federova in Eurovision Song Contest 2012". Retrieved 18 November 2021 – via www.youtube.com.
- Николай Басков и Оксана Федорова "Дуэт года" Archived 14 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Entertainment.ru.msn.com. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- ZD Awards Archived 25 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine. Mk.ru. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Звуковая дорожка Archived 18 April 2010 at the Wayback Machine. Afisha.rambler.ru. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Золотой Граммофон. Rusradio.ru. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Золотой граммофон": 15 лет "в эфире". Spletnik.ru. Retrieved 27 September 2011.