Fedorova at the Russian State Children's Library in 2017.
Oxana Gennadyevna Fedorova
17 December 1977
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Title||Miss Saint Petersburg 1999|
Miss Russia 2001
Miss Universe 2002
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Russia 2001|
Miss Universe 2002
Oxana Gennadyevna Borodina (Russian: Оксана Геннадьевна Бородина, romanized: Oksana Gennad'yevna Borodina; née Fedorova, Russian: Оксана Геннадьевна Фёдорова, romanized: Oksana Gennad'yevna Fyodorova; born 17 December 1977), known professionally as Oxana Fedorova, is a Russian television presenter, singer, actress, fashion designer, model, and former beauty pageant titleholder. Outside of her career in the entertainment industry, Fedorova is a former police officer.
Fedorova began her career in the entertainment industry as a model, later becoming Miss Saint Petersburg 1999 and Miss Russia 2001. She went on to win Miss Universe 2002, becoming the first Russian entrant to win Miss Universe. She reigned for 119 days until becoming the first Miss Universe to be dethroned (the reasons for which are not entirely clear). The Mikimoto Crown was ultimately passed to Justine Pasek of Panama. Following her reign, she began a career in television, hosting shows such as Good Night, Little Ones! and Fort Boyard: Russia. She has also participated in numerous charity projects, becoming a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2007.
Early life and education
Fedorova was born in Pskov to parents Gennadiy Fedorov, a nuclear physicist, and Elena Fedorova (née Trofimovich), a psychiatric nurse. Her parents divorced when she was three years old, and her father subsequently left the family. She was raised as an only child and was brought up by her mother and maternal grandparents.
After working as a police officer in Pskov, she moved to Saint Petersburg to attend the Saint Petersburg University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. While a student, she worked as an investigator for the Pulkovo Transport Police.
Fedorova graduated from university in 2000, and later began post-graduate studies at the same university. She wrote her thesis on "Regulation of Private Detective and Security Activity in the Russian Federation," and also taught civil law to younger students. In 2002, Fedorova successfully defended her doctoral thesis, and subsequently, she obtained her Doctor of Philosophy degree in civil law from the Saint Petersburg University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in 2003. After receiving her doctorate, she continued to teach at the Saint Petersburg University of the Ministry of Interior of Russia.
Fedorova enrolled in the police academy as a teenager, where she played the saxophone in the academy's brass band. After graduating, Fedorova worked as an inspector in Pskov for six months. While a university student in Saint Petersburg, she worked as an investigator for the Pulkovo Transport Police. After finishing her doctorate in 2005, she continued her career as a police officer, being promoted to captain in September 2002 and major in 2005.
Modeling and pageantry
In 1999, Fedorova began working professionally as a model, and later became introduced to beauty pageants. That year, she was named Miss Saint Petersburg and Miss Kalokagathia. In 2001, she represented Saint Petersburg at Miss Russia, where she was declared the winner.
Miss Universe 2002
As Miss Russia 2001, Fedorova was selected to represent Russia at Miss Universe 2002, held in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Fedorova won both the swimsuit and evening gown competitions by large margins over the other nine semi-finalists. Upon being crowned Miss Universe 2002, Fedorova was given multiple honors and gifts. Russian designer Helen Yarmak created a doll for her. Fedorova traveled to Canada, France, Greece, Indonesia, Italy, Kenya, Panama, Puerto Rico, and the United States as Miss Universe 2002.
In Kenya, Fedorova toured HIV/AIDS programs in and around Nairobi, including AIDS orphanages. When she was in Indonesia, she visited Borobudur in Central Java with Miss Indonesia 2002 Melanie Putria Dewita Sari. They also met the President of Indonesia Megawati Sukarnoputri at her residence Istana Negara. In Paris, Fedorova attended the 131st General Assembly of the International Exhibitions Bureau, where she met Nobel Prize winner in physics Zhores Alfyorov. In Italy, Fedorova helped crown Miss Universe Italy 2003 Silvia Ceccon, and while visiting Canada, Fedorova attended the 2002 Toronto International Film Festival. In Panama, Fedorova attended the contract signing that made Panama the host country of the Miss Universe 2003 competition, and in September 2002, Fedorova returned to Puerto Rico to help crown Miss Puerto Rico Universe 2003 Carla Tricoli.
However, months after Fedorova's crowning, she was rumored to be pregnant, and was later dethroned by the Miss Universe Organization. Fedorova denied the pregnancy rumors and stated that she voluntarily gave up her crown for personal reasons, mainly because she wanted to finish her law degree. She later stated in an interview that she had declined to perform her duties because she was so insulted by her treatment on The Howard Stern Show. She blamed the pageant organizers for not warning her of the sexual questions Howard Stern frequently asks. The Mikimoto Crown was passed on to Panamanian Justine Pasek, the first runner-up, who subsequently became her country's first Miss Universe. As a result, Fedorova was the first Miss Universe to be dethroned.
Despite her dethronement, Fedorova was named the most beautiful Miss Universe of all time by the pageantry website Global Beauties in 2011, and in a poll conducted by the All-Russian Center for the Study of Public Opinion in 2012, respondents named Fedorova the most beautiful woman in Russia.
Film and television career
Following her dethronement in 2003, Fedorova began pursuing a career in television after being selected to host the long-running Russian children's program Good Night, Little Ones!, beginning in January 2003. The show won the TEFI award for Best Children's Show in October 2003. She went on to cohost the show Subbotnik on Russia-1 from 2004 to 2010. She hosted the Russian national selections for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2009 and Eurovision Song Contest 2010, in addition to serving as Russia's spokesperson for the 2008, 2010, and 2012 Eurovision Song Contests. In 2014, she began hosting the style and fashion program Koroleva krasoty.
In 2006, Fedorova competed in the second season of the Russian version of Dancing with the Stars. She came in fifth place. She additionally appeared as a guest judge on the Russian version of Project Runway in 2011, and as a contestant on the Russian version of Name That Tune in 2014. As a voice actress, Fedorova has voiced Russian language versions of Barbie in Toy Story 3 and Queen Clarion in the Tinker Bell film series.
Fedorova began her music career in 2009, releasing the single "Prava lyubov" with Nikolay Baskov. The song went on to win Duet of the Year at the 2010 Golden Gramophone Awards. She later released the solo single "Na shag odin" in 2010. Her debut studio album Na krayu u lyubvi was released in 2011. She released the single "Moya doktrina" in 2013.
In 2008, Fedorova released her first book The Formula of Style. The book contained beauty and style advice, in addition to autobiographical information on Fedorova. In 2010, she became the editor-in-chief of MODA TOPICAL Magazine. Fedorova launched her fashion line OFERA in 2014. It made its debut at the Spring/Summer 2015 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Moscow.
Fedorova has partaken in numerous charity projects. She has been a member of UNICEF since 2006, and became a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2007. Fedorova is additionally a member of the Board of Advisors for the Russian Children's Welfare Society. She created the charity Speshite delat dobro! in October 2009 with the assistance of the Russian Ministry of Defence. The foundation provides support to orphans and children in difficult situations, providing specific attention to orphaned children of parents who died while serving in the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs or Russian Armed Forces. In 2011, Fedorova founded a school in Ufa for girls ages 10–16.
Fedorova is a practicing Russian Orthodox Christian. In 2007, Fedorova married German model Philip Toft in Munich. They divorced in 2010. In 2011, Fedorova married Andrey Borodin, an officer for the Presidential Administration of Russia and vice president of the Russian Boxing Federation. Fedorova and Borodin have two children together; a son born in 2012 and a daughter born in 2013. Since she was three years old, Fedorova had no contact with her father. In 2005, she attempted to locate him but discovered that he had died.
- Na krayu u lyubvi (2011)
|2003–present||Good Night, Little Ones!||Herself||Host|
|2003–2004; 2006||Fort Boyard: Russia||Herself||Host; contestant|
|2004||TY – SUPERMODEL-2||Herself||Host|
|2006||Ne rodis krasivoy||Herself||1 episode|
|Tantsy so zvyozdami||Herself||Contestant; 5th place|
|2008||Tinker Bell||Queen Clarion||Russian dub|
|National Final 2009||Herself||Cohost|
|2009 Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk||Herself||Cohost|
|Toy Story 3||Barbie||Russian dub|
|2010 Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk||Herself||Cohost|
|2011||Project Runway Russia||Herself||Guest judge; 1 episode|
|2012||Secret of the Wings||Queen Clarion||Russian dub|
|Eurovision Song Contest 2012||Herself||Guest Spokesperson and Voting Announcer|
|2014||The Pirate Fairy||Queen Clarion||Russian dub|
|Name That Tune Russia||Herself||Contestant; 1 episode|
Awards and nominations
|2010||ZD Award||Duet of the Year||"Prava lyubov"
(with Nikolay Baskov)
|Golden Gramophone Award|||
- Oxana Fedorova Biography Archived 2012-03-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Oxana Fedorova Police Investigator Archived 2012-03-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Oxana Fedorova's Dissertation Archived 2012-03-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Ph.D. in Law Archived 2012-03-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Pskov Militia Archived 2012-03-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Обобщения – Самая опасная, но не самая престижная. Почему не идут в милиционеры?. Лента новостей "РИА Новости" – 10/11/2006
- Oxana Fedorova continued her career as a police officer in St. Petersburg. Archived 2012-03-03 at the Wayback Machine
- Model and Beauty Queen Archived 2012-03-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Платья от Tony Ward показала Оксана Федорова. Krasotana5.ru (2006-09-20). Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Settimana della moda di Milano
- "Ореанда-Новости" — Стиль жизни / Таша Строгая представила свою коллекцию на Неделе Моды в Москве. Oreanda.ru (2008-03-25). Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Natalia Velevskaya, сезон осень-зима 2008/2009 – Natalia Valevskaya – Дизайнеры – Неделя Моды в Москве Archived 2008-04-11 at the Wayback Machine
- "Miss Universe in Indonesia". Archived from the original on 2012-05-12. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- Miss Universe with Global Health Council to Nairobi, Kenya to help women fight AIDS
- Oxana Fedorova en Panamá Archived 2012-04-04 at the Wayback Machine
- Oxana Fedorova regresa a Puerto Rico Archived 2013-11-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Miss Universe 2002 at Toronto International Film Festival
- Oksana to travel to Kenya, Italy and Greece
- More Than Just a Pretty Face: Miss Universe Addresses HIV/AIDS in Kenya Archived 2010-08-04 at the Wayback Machine
- Melanie and Oxana visited Borobudur
- Melanie and Oxana visited Borobudur
- Melanie and Oxana met the Megawati Soekarnoputri
- Melanie and Oxana met the Megawati Sukarnoputri
- Oxana visits Paris, France
- Oxana in Italy
- Oxana visits Canada
- Oxana in Panama for contract signing Archived 2012-10-23 at the Wayback Machine
- Oxana in Puerto Rico for crowning. Archived 2013-11-09 at the Wayback Machine
- I'm not married.. SMH.com.au (2002-09-25). Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Miss Universe gives up crown to finish a doctorate in law Archived 2012-03-03 at the Wayback Machine
- Newsmakers. Houston Chronicle News Services Archived 2010-06-18 at the Wayback Machine. Chron.com (2002-09-28). Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Behind the Crown Archived 2012-02-02 at the Wayback Machine
- Most beautiful Miss Universe of all time. Globalbeauties.com. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Oxana Fedorova named in 2012 poll Russia's smost beautiful woman Archived 2012-03-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Спокойной ночи, малыши!. Телеканал "РОССИЯ". Rutv.ru. 27 September 2011. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Лучшая детская программа. Rutv.ru. 27 September 2011. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Субботник. Телеканал "РОССИЯ". Rutv.ru. 27 September 2011. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Пётр Налич поедет представлять Россию на «Евровидении 2010 Archived 2011-07-19 at the Wayback Machine
- детское евровидение 2009
- Eurovision 2008 Archived 2008-12-31 at the Wayback Machine
- Eurovision 2010 Archived 2011-07-14 at the Wayback Machine
- Eurovision 2012
- "Oxana Fedorova new TV show on Domashniy channel". Archived from the original on 2016-01-06. Retrieved 2014-11-12.
- Former Miss Universe Oxana Fedorova hosts style and fashion show "Beauty Queen"
- «Танцы со звездами-2»: Оксана Федорова была самой красивой, а Настя Мельникова – самой заводной. Kp.ru. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Project Runway-Russia Archived 2012-07-12 at Archive.today
- Оксана Федорова "Угадай мелодию"
- Oxana Fedorova "Name That Tune"
- В "Истории игрушек" Барби и Кен заговорят голосами Федоровой и Баскова. Rian.ru (2011-09-23). Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Disney The Pirate Fairy Феи: Загадка пиратского острова
- "Феи: Тайна зимнего леса"
- Walt Disney Pictures представляет анимационную сказку «Феи» (Tinker Bell). Volgograd.ru (2011-04-15). Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Права любовь. Kp.ru. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Оксана Фёдорова презентовала клип на песню "На шаг один" Archived 2012-06-29 at Archive.today. Mapmusic.ru (2010-07-21). Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- первый сольный альбом "На краю у любви" Archived 2011-07-18 at the Wayback Machine. Uralweb.ru. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Music Video "Моя доктрина" (Maya Doktrina). 2013
- Формула стиля The Formula of Style. Style.passion.ru. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- MODA Topical. Modatopical.ru. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Oxana Fedorova's Fashion Line "Ofera"
- OFERA collection Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia S/S 2015 Archived 2014-11-12 at Archive.today
- "National ambassadors". UNICEF. 3 February 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- RCWS. RCWS. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Фонд «Спешите делать добро!»
- "Фонд Оксаны Федоровой "Спешите делать добро!" для детей приюта Никита". Archived from the original on 2013-12-02. Retrieved 2012-12-29.
- Оксана Федорова и фонд “Спешите Делать Добро!”пригласили друзей на ужин Archived 2013-12-02 at the Wayback Machine
- Школа Оксаны Федоровой
- Miss Universe 2002: “Spiritual Help Only in Orthodoxy” Archived 2011-07-27 at the Wayback Machine. Prescottorthodox.org (2010-08-07). Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- ВЗГЛЯД / Оксана Федорова вышла замуж за немецкого бизнесмена. Vz.ru (2007-08-13). Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Pride of Russia Married Archived 2010-11-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Оксана Федорова официально развелась с мужем-немцем. Eg.ru. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Оксана Федорова официально развелась с мужем. Ru.trend.az (2010-04-17). Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Николай Басков: «Оксана Федорова наконец-то развелась с мужем!». Kp.ru. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Оксана гордится тем, что скоро станет мамой Archived 2011-11-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Оксана Федорова и ее супруг Андрей Бородин
- Андрей Михайлович Бородин назначен вице-президентом Федерации бокса России
- Oxana Fedorova gives birth to baby boy
- Мисс Вселенная Оксана Федорова родила сына. LifeNews.
- Oxana Fedorova and Andrey Borodin name their baby boy Fyodor (Fedor)
- Oxana Fedorova's second child is a girl
- Оксана Федорова стала мамой во второй раз
- Oxana Fedorova and her husband Andrey Borodin name their daughter Elizaveta
- «Мисс Вселенная» идет в депутаты. Kp.ru. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Тульские PRяники. Pryaniki.org. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Выборы-2004. У кандидатов и социологов – горячая пора Archived 2011-07-23 at the Wayback Machine. Vesti7.ru (2004-02-29). Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Rrpvita.by.ru[dead link]
- Николай Басков и Оксана Федорова "Дуэт года". Entertainment.ru.msn.com. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- ZD Awards Archived 2012-02-25 at the Wayback Machine. Mk.ru. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Звуковая дорожка Archived 2010-04-18 at the Wayback Machine. Afisha.rambler.ru. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- Золотой Граммофон. Rusradio.ru. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
- "Золотой граммофон": 15 лет "в эфире". Spletnik.ru. Retrieved on 2011-09-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oksana Fëdorova.|
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss Universe
| Miss Russia