Oxford, Edmonton

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Oxford
Neighbourhood
Oxford is located in Edmonton
Oxford
Oxford
Location of Oxford in Edmonton
Coordinates: 53°37′19″N 113°32′56″W / 53.622°N 113.549°W / 53.622; -113.549
Country Canada
Province Alberta
CityEdmonton
Quadrant[1]NW
Ward[1]2
Sector[2]North
Area[3][4]The Palisades
Government
 • Administrative bodyEdmonton City Council
 • CouncillorBev Esslinger
Area
 • Total1.18 km2 (0.46 sq mi)
Elevation
685 m (2,247 ft)
Population
 (2012)[7]
 • Total3,399
 • Density2,880.5/km2 (7,460/sq mi)
 • Change (2009–12)
Increase1.5%
 • Dwellings
1,176

Oxford is a residential neighbourhood in the Palisades area of north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

According to the 2001 federal census, residential development of the neighbourhood began in the second half of the 1980s and continued through the 1990s. Nine out of ten (90%) of residences in the neighbourhood, according to the 2005 municipal census, are single-family dwellings. The remaining one out of ten (10%) are duplexes.[8] Almost nine in ten (88%) residences are owner-occupied while the remaining one in ten (12%) are rented.[9]

The neighbourhood is bounded on the south by 153 Avenue, on the north by 167 Avenue, and on the east by 127 Street. The western boundary is half a block west of 132 Street.

The community is represented by the Cumberland-Oxford Community League, established in 2002.[10]

Demographics[edit]

In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Oxford had a population of 3,399 living in 1,176 dwellings,[7] a 1.5% change from its 2009 population of 3,348.[11] With a land area of 1.18 km2 (0.46 sq mi),[6] it had a population density of 2,880.5 people/km2 in 2012.[7][6]

Surrounding neighbourhoods[edit]

See also[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
  2. ^ "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
  3. ^ "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
  4. ^ "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
  5. ^ "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
  6. ^ a b c "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
  7. ^ a b c "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
  8. ^ Duplexes include triplexes and quadruplexes.
  9. ^ [1] and [2]
  10. ^ Kuban, Ron (2005). Edmonton's Urban Villages: The Community League Movement. University of Alberta Press. ISBN 9781459303249.
  11. ^ "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.

External links[edit]