Oxford Academy (California)
5172 Orange Avenue
|School type||Public, Secondary School|
|School district||Anaheim Union HS District|
|NCES District ID||0602630|
|NCES School ID||060263007580|
|Teaching staff||42 teachers|
|Student to teacher ratio||28.45|
|Campus type||Large Suburb|
|Color(s)||Red, White, Blue |
|Athletics conference||Academy League|
CIF Southern Section
|Mascot||Paul the Patriot|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
Oxford Academy, sometimes stylized as Oxford High School or OA, is a public school in Cypress, California, serving grades 7–12 as part of the Anaheim Union High School District. The school is rigorous and highly competitive, requiring students to give an application and take an exam to get in. A combined junior high and high school, Oxford has less than 1200 students, 200 or less in each grade 7th through 12th, and over 42 faculty members.
As reported by the State of California, 90.0% of Oxford Academy's student body is identified as "of color," with 35.6% of the student body coming from an economically disadvantaged household, determined by student eligibility for California's Reduced-price meal program. Students are selected from the Anaheim Union High School District, in which 89.3% of students classify as "of color" and 70.9% of students classify as socioeconomically disadvantaged, as of the 2015-2016 academic school year.
Oxford Academy's enrollment is made up of students of predominantly Hispanic and Asian heritage. In the 2015-2016 academic school year, the majority demographic group, as reported by the State of California, was Asian with 59.7% of enrollment. Hispanics of any race made up 17.5% of enrollment, whites (not Hispanic) 10.0%, Filipinos 7.9%, African American (not Hispanic) 1.7%, Pacific Islander 0.4%, Native American or Alaska Native (not Hispanic) 0.3%, and two or more races (not Hispanic) 2.3%.
The school hosts chapters of numerous organizations, such as the Health Occupations Students of America, Future Business Leaders of America, National Honor Society, Key Club, a speech and debate team, and various other clubs, such as a math and chess club.
- "Oxford Academy". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 4, 2018.
- "Anaheim Union High School District Organizational Chart" (PDF). Anaheim Union High School District. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 August 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Superintendents's Message". Anaheim Union High School District. Archived from the original on 14 January 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "SAT Code Search". The College Board. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "Oxford Academy Overview". Best High Schools. U.S.News & World Report. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Administrative Team". Oxford Academy. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "Directory of Schools: 2011-2012" (PDF). WASC Accrediting Commission for Schools. July 2011. p. 102. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Staff Directory". Oxford Academy. Retrieved 27 January 2015.
- Oxford Academy Staff Page January 2015