Oxford Township, Delaware County, Ohio
|Oxford Township, Delaware County, Ohio|
Fields in the township's far southwest
Location of Oxford Township in Delaware County
|• Total||19.41 sq mi (50.28 km2)|
|• Land||19.41 sq mi (50.27 km2)|
|• Water||0.004 sq mi (0.01 km2)|
|Elevation||968 ft (295 m)|
|• Density||51/sq mi (19.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086053|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Westfield Township, Morrow County - north
- Peru Township, Morrow County - east
- Kingston Township - southeast corner
- Brown Township - south
- Troy Township - southwest
- Marlboro Township - northwest
The village of Ashley occupies part of northeastern Oxford Township.
Name and history
Oxford Township was founded in 1815.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Oxford township, Delaware County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- Delaware County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- History of Delaware County and Ohio. O. L. Baskin & Company. 1880. p. 537.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.