Oxford Township, Guernsey County, Ohio
|Oxford Township, Guernsey County, Ohio|
Location of Oxford Township in Guernsey County
|• Total||30.2 sq mi (78.1 km2)|
|• Land||30.2 sq mi (78.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,050 ft (320 m)|
|• Density||27/sq mi (10.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086188|
Oxford Township is one of the nineteen townships of Guernsey County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 809, up from 677 people at the 2000 census. In 2010, 726 people lived in the unincorporated portion of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Londonderry Township - north
- Kirkwood Township, Belmont County - northeast
- Warren Township, Belmont County - southeast
- Millwood Township - south
- Wills Township - west
- Madison Township - northwest
The village of Fairview is located in eastern Oxford Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Oxford township, Guernsey County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- Guernsey County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Sarchet, Cyrus Parkinson Beatty (1911). History of Guernsey County, Ohio, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen & Company. p. 298.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.