Oxford University Women's Lightweight Rowing Club
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Oxford University Women's Lightweight Rowing Club|
|Home water||River Thames|
|University||University of Oxford|
|Henley Boat Races|
|Roz Savage, Steph Cullen, Anna Corderoy, Jen Goldsack|
|Representing Great Britain|
|2016 BUCS Regatta||WLwt 8+|
|2016 BUCS Regatta||WLwt 4-|
|2016 BUCS Regatta||WLwt 4x|
|2015 BUCS Regatta||WLwt 8+|
|2015 BUCS Regatta||WLwt 4-|
|2015 BUCS Regatta||WLwt 4x|
|2013 BUCS Regatta||WLwt 4-|
|2013 BUCS Regatta||WLwt 2-|
|2010 BUCS Regatta||WLwt 8+|
|2010 BUCS Regatta||WLwt 4-|
|2010 BUCS Regatta||WLwt 4x|
|2007 BUSA Regatta||WLwt 2-|
|2006 BUSA Regatta||WLwt 8+|
|2006 BUSA Regatta||WLwt 4-|
|2006 BUSA Regatta||WLwt 2-|
The Oxford University Women's Lightweight Rowing Club (OUWLRC) was established in 1984 to represent the University of Oxford in the race against the Cambridge University Women's Lightweights at the Henley Boat Races. Throughout the season, the Club races as Tethys Boat Club.
The membership of OUWLRC is open to all female student members of the University who qualify as lightweight. Lightweight rowing for women details a maximum weight of 59 kg per athlete, with an average weight of 57 kg across the crew. This is a requirement for competition and for entry into the lightweight squad.
Facilities and training
The club trains on the home-water stretch in Wallingford alongside the other university squads (OUBC, OUWBC, and OULRC) out of the Fleming Boathouse. The club also uses the facilities at the university's Iffley Road Sports Centre. Additionally, regular training camps are held both in the UK and overseas.
The key race in the club's year is the competition at the Henley Boat Races, constituting the lightweights' varsity race, against Cambridge. OUWLRC is one of the few entirely independent Women's Lightweight Rowing Clubs in the United Kingdom. The club also competes at national head races and regattas. In particular, the club regularly competes at the British Universities and Colleges Sport Regatta. In 2016, it won silver medal in the 8+ and bronze in the 4-. categories The club also competes at an international level, recording a latest achievement with a bronze with 4x- in Zagreb in July 2016.
- Oxford University Women's Lightweight Rowing Club (OUWLRC), About, retrieved 26 September 2016
- Oxford University Women's Lightweight Rowing Club (OUWLRC), Contact and Documents, retrieved 15 February 2018
- Oxford University Women's Lightweight Rowing Club (OUWLRC), Results, retrieved 27 September 2016
- "BUCS 2016 results" (PDF).
- "BUCS 2016 results" (PDF).
- Henley Boat Races, Main, retrieved 10 September 2015
- Oxford University Women's Lightweight Rowing Club (OUWLRC), Trialling, retrieved 26 September 2016
- Ltd., Riskpoint. "Henley Boat Races - History". henleyboatraces.com. Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "Women's Lightweight Rowing Club". Oxford University Sport. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- Oxford University Women's Lightweight Rowing Club (OUWLRC), Facilities, retrieved 26 September 2016
- "Rowing: Day for Light Blue celebration as Cambridge sweep Henley Boat Races". The Independent. 22 March 1993. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- "Rivals share spoils at competitive Henley". The Telegraph. 25 March 2012. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- "Bronze at EUSA! - OUWLRC".