|Origin||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Genres||Folk Punk, Acoustic Punk Rock|
|Years active||2006 - present|
|Labels||Xtra Mile Recordings, Broken Tail Records|
Oxygen Thief is a solo musical project based in the city of Bristol. He has received national radio recognition and festival slots.
Oxygen Thief began in 2006. He has supported Frank Turner, Mongol Horde, InMe, Johnny Foreigner, Chris T-T, and Tubelord and is a regular feature at Cheltenham’s award-winning 2000 Trees Festival. He first appeared at the festival in 2008. He returned in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014. He was featured in the BBC Introducing in Bristol preview of the 2010 festival. His 2011 appearance at the festival was praised for delivering intensity in a serene setting.
2009 saw the release of a three-way split album, entitled Exclamation At Asterisk Hash, which features fellow solo acoustic performers Ben Marwood and Jim Lockey. The album was released on Broken Tail Records. All three artists toured together in support of the release and played together at the Walk the Line Festival in 2009.
A debut full-length album entitled Destroy It Yourself was released on 9 May 2011, also on Broken Tail Records. The album was praised for its intensity, energy and songwriting. He has been interviewed on Tom Robinson's BBC 6 music show and on BBC Introducing in Bristol. He played the 2012 BBC Introducing stage at the T in the Park festival.
Albums and EPs
- Destroy It Yourself (9 May 2011 Broken Tail Records)
- Accidents Do Not Happen, They Are Caused (9 December 2013 Xtra Mile Recordings)
- One Day This Will All Be Fields (23 March 2014 Xtra Mile Recordings)
- The Half-Life of Facts (16 June 2014 Xtra Mile Recordings)
- Exclamation At Asterisk Hash (2009 Broken Tail Records)
- Cousins, Clara (2011), "In Conversation with Oxygen Thief", Blagsound, retrieved 2012-06-28
- 2008 2000 Trees Festival lineup at e-festivals, accessed 2012-06-28
- Ireland, Suzie (2010), "Preview 2000 Trees Festival 2010", Bearded, retrieved 2012-06-28
- Reid, Sean (2011), "New acts added to 2000 Trees Festival", Alter the Press, retrieved 2012-06-28
- BBC Introducing in Bristol episode guide - preview of the 2010 2000 Trees Festival, accessed 2012-06-28
- Tickner, Matthew; Scott, Annie (2011), "Review 2000 Trees Festival 2011", 247 magazine, retrieved 2012-06-28
- 2009 Walk the Line festival lineup at e-festivals, accessed 2012-06-28
- Pensioner, Kid (2011), "Oxygen Thief - Destroy It Yourself (LP, Broken Tail Records)", Venue, retrieved 2012-06-28
- Uber Rock Destroy It Yourself review, accessed 2012-06-28
- Live Music Scene Destroy It Yourself review, accessed 2012-06-28
- Stereo Board Destroy It Yourself review, accessed 2012-06-28
- Blagsound Destroy It Yourself review, accessed 2012-06-28
- Whisperin and Hollerin Destroy It Yourself review, accessed 2012-06-28
- The Four Oh Five Destroy It Yourself review, accessed 2012-06-28
- BBC 6 Music episode guide, accessed 2012-06-28
- BBC 6 Music Tom Robinson interview, accessed 2012-06-28
- BBC Introducing in Bristol episode guide - Oxygen Thief in session, accessed 2012-06-28
- Safe Concerts announce 2012 BBC Introducing stage lineup at the T in the Park festival, accessed 2012-06-28
- Xtra Mile Recordings press release, accessed 2014-08-06