(Redirected from Oxytocinergic)
Some agents may act as indirect oxytocinergics:
- 5-HT1A Receptor (5-HT1AR): A protein responsible for inducing the secretion of oxytocin
- Serotonergic: A drug which acts upon serotonin and 5-HT1AR, resulting in oxytocin release (e.g., MDMA ("Ecstasy")
- Ergoline uterotonics include methylergonovine, ergometrine (and Syntometrine), and acetergamine
- Polypeptides include carbetocin and cargutocin
- Cloquinozine had been described as an oxytocic agent.
- Epostane is another example of a drug described as a contraceptive, oxytocic agent.
- U-69,593 inhibits the peripheral, though not central secretion of oxytocin and vasopressin in rats.
- Prostaglandin F2, prostaglandin E1, carboprost
- Fenprostalene in cattle. This compound resembles Enprostil in structure and is a long-acting analogue of PGF2α.
- Analogs of oxytocin
- Urofollitropin is an analog of oxytocin possessing higher activity
- (Thiazolidine-4-carboxylic acid)-oxytocin
- Conversely, a tocolytic acts to oppose uterine contractility. These agents may be oxytocinergic in mechanism. For example, atosiban works in this way.
- Natural food
- Parsley in large amount may have uterotonic effect
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Nagashima, Renpei; Takano, Noboru; Tamura, Masaaki; Shioya, Akitoshi (1966). "PHARMACOLOGICAL PROPERTIES OF 3-(p-CHLOROBENZYL) QUINOLIZIDINE TARTARATE (QB-1), A NEW OXYTOCIC". The Japanese Journal of Pharmacology. 16 (4): 353–367. doi:10.1254/jjp.16.353. ISSN 0021-5198.
- Elks, J.; Ganellin, C. R. (1990). "Dictionary of Drugs". doi:10.1007/978-1-4757-2085-3. ISBN 978-1-4757-2087-7.
- Garcia-Villar, R.; Marnet, P.G.; Laurentie, M.P.; Toutain, P.L. (1987). "Fenprostalene in cattle: Evaluation of oxytocic effects in ovariectomized cows and abortion potential in a 100-day pregnant cow". Theriogenology. 28 (4): 467–480. doi:10.1016/0093-691X(87)90251-2. ISSN 0093-691X.
|Look up Oxytocinergic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|