Oyster Bay, Tanzania
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Indian Ocean viewed from Oyster Bay in the year 2005.
|Region||Dar es Salaam|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Oyster Bay (also spelled Oysterbay) is an affluent neighborhood in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. It is known for an attractive beach. Oyster Bay is located north west of Dar es Salaam's central business district along the Indian Ocean. Europeans have resided here since colonial times. Since independence, Europeans working for development aid organizations, and senior government officials, including ministers, permanent secretaries and directors and commissioners, reside here.
The area is bounded by the Indian Ocean on the east, Mawenzi Road on the North, Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road to the south, and Ali bin Said Road to the West. Some local institutions are named Oysterbay, including a police station, a hospital and a school.
The centre of the neighborhood is the Oysterbay Shopping Centre where there are businesses.
Embassies hosted in OysterBay
The following 11 embassies are hosted in and near the OysterBay area;
- The People's Republic of China
- The Republic of Turkey
- The Embassy of The Federative Republic of Brazil
- The Embassy of Ireland
- The Embassy of The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- The Embassy of The Republic of Namibia
- The Embassy of The Republic of Angola
- The embassy of The Republic of Rwanda
- The Embassy of The Republic of Kenya
- The Embassy of The French Republic
- The Embassy of The Russian Federation
|This Dar es Salaam Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|