Tufan with Turkey in 2016
|Full name||Ozan Tufan|
|Date of birth||23 March 1995|
|Place of birth||Orhaneli, Bursa, Turkey|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Midfielder / Right back / Right winger|
|2019||→ Alanyaspor (loan)||17||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 September 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 7 September 2019
Ozan Tufan (born 23 March 1995) is a Turkish professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Süper Lig club Fenerbahçe in Süper Lig and Turkey national team. His primary position is holding midfielder but he can also play as both right back and also right winger. He made his Süper Lig debut on 19 May 2013 against Gençlerbirliği. On 12 August 2015, Fenerbahçe acquired Ozan for €7 million.
Tufan played for the Turkey national under-19 team, which won the silver medal at the 2013 Mediterranean Games in Mersin, Turkey. He also represented his country at the 2013 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.
On 25 May 2014, Tufan played his first national match for Turkey against Ireland in Dublin. On 3 September 2014, Ozan Tufan scored his first goal, a long range shot against Denmark National Football Team in a friendly game at 90th minute. Turkey won the game 2-1. In a post-match interview about the game he replied " I had the ball in front of me and right when I was about to kick it, I heard Arda Turan backing me to shoot. I initially had the scare of hitting my shot off-range, on such an important moment; but I kept my composure and hit the ball right after. I want to thank Fatih Terim for giving me this chance, I think I've done the best I could today."
Scores and results list Turkey's goal tally first.
|1.||3 September 2014||TRE-FOR Park, Odense, Denmark||Denmark||2–1||2–1||Friendly|
|2.||21 June 2016||Stade Bollaert-Delelis, Lens, France||Czech Republic||2–0||2–0||UEFA Euro 2016|
|3.||6 October 2016||Torku Arena, Konya, Turkey||Ukraine||1–2||2–2||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|4.||11 June 2017||Loro Boriçi Stadium, Shkodër, Albania||Kosovo||4–1||4–1||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|5.||7 September 2019||Vodafone Park, Istanbul, Turkey||Andorra||1–0||1–0||UEFA Euro 2020 qualification|
- "OZAN TUFAN FENERBAHÇE'DE - Fenerbahçe Spor Kulübü Resmi Sitesi".
- "U19'lar Akdeniz Oyunları'nda ikinci oldu" (in Turkish). TFF.org. 28 June 2013. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "U19 Milli Takımı'nın UEFA Avrupa U19 Şampiyonası aday kadrosu açıklandı" (in Turkish). TFF.org. 15 July 2013. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Player's profile, eu-football.info, Retrieved 11. 10. 2014
- "Ozan Tufan: Arda Abi arkadan vur oğlum dedi. Vurdum..." www.hurriyet.com.tr. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- "Tufan, Ozan". National Football Teams.
- Ozan Tufan at the Turkish Football Federation
- Ozan Tufan – UEFA competition record
- Ozan Tufan at WorldFootball.net
- Ozan Tufan at Soccerbase
|This biographical article related to a Turkish association football defender is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|