Ozark Regional Airport
Baxter County Airport
Baxter County Airport
|Operator||Baxter County Airport Authority|
|Location||Mountain Home, Arkansas|
|Elevation AMSL||928 ft / 283 m|
Baxter County Airport (IATA: WMH, ICAO: KBPK, FAA LID: BPK), is a county-owned public-use airport located four nautical miles (5 mi, 7 km) northwest of the central business district of Mountain Home, a city in Baxter County, Arkansas, United States. It was known as Baxter County Airport until 2005. It changed its name back to Baxter County Airport due to confusion with the close proximity of Ozark, Arkansas and Ozark, Missouri, both of which have airports. The airport used to be served by Lone Star Airlines, which operated services to Dallas-Fort Worth International in the mid-1990s.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, Baxter County Airport is assigned BPK by the FAA and WMH by the IATA. The airport's ICAO identifier is KBPK.
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers an area of 330 acres (134 ha) at an elevation of 928 feet (283 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 5/23 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,001 by 75 feet (1,524 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending May 31, 2010, the airport had 48,900 aircraft operations, an average of 133 per day: 98% general aviation, 1% military, and 1% air taxi. At that time there were 49 aircraft based at this airport: 67% single-engine, 31% multi-engine, and 2% jet.
As of November 2015, Big Air is the onsite FBO providing fuel and services for pilots and crew. Full service 100LL and Jet-A fuel is provided. Big Air is located on the airports main ramp between Delta and Echo.
- FAA Airport Master Record for BPK ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- Baxter county airport, official site
- "Baxter County Airport Changes Name to Reflect Regional Aims". KAIT-8. July 6, 2005.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB)" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems]. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Baxter County Airport (IATA: WMH, ICAO: KBPK, FAA: BPK)". Great Circle Mapper.
- Baxter County Airport, official site
- FAA Terminal Procedures for Baxter County Airport (BPK), effective January 30, 2020
- Aerial image as of February 2001 from USGS The National Map
- Resources for this airport: