P. David Hornik
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|P. David Hornik|
|Born||1954 (age 62–63)
New York City, New York, United States
|Residence||Be'er Sheva, Israel|
|Occupation||Writer and translator|
P. David Hornik (born 1954) is a freelance writer and a translator, living in Be'er Sheva, Israel. He currently contributes to PJ Media and FrontPage Magazine, and blogs at The Times of Israel. He is the author of the book Choosing Life in Israel (2013).
Hornik was born in New York City and grew up not far from Albany, New York. In 1984 he moved to Israel and has lived in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, and Beersheba. He served in the Israel Defense Forces, first in the artillery corps and later in Territorial Defense הגנה מרחבית.
Up to 2003 Hornik published opinion articles in the Jerusalem Post and in American Jewish magazines such as Moment, Midstream, and others. Hornik also contributed numerous book reviews to the Jerusalem Post.
Since 2003 Hornik has written regularly for David Horowitz's FrontPageMag.com. He also now writes regularly for PJ Media, blogs at The Times of Israel, and has contributed to The American Spectator, American Thinker, ynetnews.com, the Jerusalem Post, the The Jewish Press, and IsraelNationalNews.com. His literary writings are published at Theodore Dalrymple's online magazine New English Review. Hornik's works have been posted and cited on many different radio and television shows as well as the conservative blogosphere.
In his writings, Hornik emphasizes the hostility that the Arab world (and larger Muslim world) has toward Israel, and believes that Israel's approach must emphasize deterrence and resolve along with a difficult quest for acceptance. Hornik regards the hostility of Israel's environment as stemming from deep-seated cultural factors and highlights Israel's smallness, vulnerability, and need to safeguard its remaining strategic assets.
- Elliot Resnick (July 24, 2013). "'Everybody's Award That Israel's Power Is Growing': An Interview With Writer P. David Hornik". The Jewish Press. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- "P. David Hornik". The American Spectator.
- Adina Kutnicki (April 14, 2013). "Choosing Life in Israel: a Review". American Thinker. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- Edward Alexander (April 25, 2013). "Choosing Life in Israel, by P. David Hornik (Review)". Algemeiner Journal. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- Ruth King (April 3, 2013). "Book Review: Choosing Life in Israel". Jewish Ledger. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- Elliot Resnick. "The Jewish Press » » 'Everybody's Aware That Israel's Power Is Growing': An Interview with Writer P. David Hornik". The Jewish Press.
- "P. David Hornik". The American Spectator. The American Spectator. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- "Rewarding Aggression". Frontpage Mag. 2012-01-11. Retrieved 2016-08-11.