P. S. Nivas
P. S. Nivas
|Died||1 February 2021 (aged 75)|
Eduthuvecha kallu, Kozhikode District
Panayamparambil Sreenivasan a.k.a. P. S. Nivas(27 May 1946– 1 February 2021) was an Indian cinematographer, film director and film producer who worked in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi cinema. He was a recipient of National Film Award for Best Cinematography for the 1976 Malayalam film Mohiniyaattam. He was a frequent collaborator with Bharathiraja and they worked together in 8 films.
Born in Panayam parambil, East Nadakkavu, Calicut, Nivas graduated from the St. Joseph's College, Devagiri and went on to do a diploma in motion picture photography from the Institute of Film Technology, Adyar, Madras.
Nivas started his film career as an operative camera man in P. N. Menon's Malayalam film, Kuttyedathi (1971). He apprenticed under Ashok Kumar in films such as Mappusakshi (1972), Chembarathi (1972) and Babu Nanthankode's Dhakam (1972) Swapnam (1973). His first film as an independent cinematographer was Sathyathinte Nizhalil, directed by Nanthankode. Nivas was awarded the National Film Award for Best Cinematography (Black and White) for the 1976 Malayalam film Mohiniyaattam.
Nivas made his Tamil cinema debut with Bharathiraja's 16 Vayathinile (1977). He went on to work with the director in films such as Kizhake Pogum Rail (1978), Sigappu Rojakkal (1978), Solva Sawan (1978) and Puthiya Vaarpugal (1979). He also photographed C. V. Sridhar's Ilamai Oonjal Aadukirathu and its Telugu remake, Vayasu Pilichindi (1978). In 1978, he won the Nandi Award for Best Cinematographer the Telugu film, Nimajjanam. He also worked with K. Viswanath in Saagara Sangamam (1983).
Nivas died on 1 February 2021 in Calicut.
- Sathyathinte Nizhalil
- Madhuram Thirumadhuram
- Rajan Paranja Kadha
- Lisa (1978)
- Veendum Lisa
- Ayushman Bhava
- 16 Vayathinile (1977)
- Kizhake Pogum Rail (1978)
- Sigappu Rojakkal (1978)
- Ilamai Oonjal Aadukirathu (1978)
- Puthiya Vaarpugal (1979)
- Niram Maaratha Pookkal (1979)
- Kallukkul Eeram (1980)
- Enakkaga Kaathiru (1981)
- Nizhal Thedum Nenjangal (1981)
- Kozhi Koovuthu (1982 film) (1982)
- Thanikattu Raja (1982)
- Salangai oli (1983)
- Kokkarakko (1983)
- My Dear Lisa (1987)
- Sembakame Sembakame (1988)
- Enga Ooru Mappillai (1989)
- Ooru Vittu Ooru Vanthu (1990)
- Pass Mark (1994)
- Sevvanthi (1994)
- "Cinematographer PS Nivas passes away". msn.com. 1 February 2021. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- "Legendary cinematographer PS Nivas passes away in Kerala at 73". The News Minute. 1 February 2021. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- "Cinematographer Nivas dead". The Times of India. 1 February 2021. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- "Cinematographer P. S. Nivas passes away". Mathrubhumi. 1 February 2021. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- "ഛായാഗ്രഹകൻ പി എസ് നിവാസ് അന്തരിച്ചു". Deshabhimani. 1 February 2021. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- Ajith Kumar, P.K. (1 February 2021). "Ace cinematographer Nivas passes away". Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- "അജ്ഞാതവാസം, ഒടുവില് രക്താര്ബുദത്തിന്റെ പിടിയിലമര്ന്ന് ദാരുണ്യാന്തം". Mathrubhumi. 1 February 2021. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
- தமிழ் சினிமா மறக்க முடியாத ஒளிப்பதிவாளர் நிவாஸ்
- "Cinematographer PS Nivas passes away". The Indian Express. 1 February 2021. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
https://g.co/kgs/qjSSvc https://www.google.com/search?q=Bhayanak+mahal&oq=Bhayanak+mahal&aqs=chrome..69i57.11865j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2180513/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhakam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaGaGyD51E0 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2175809/