|Member of the Sri Lankan Parliament
for Batticaloa District
|Born||25 July 1946|
|Political party||Illankai Tamil Arasu Kachchi|
|Tamil National Alliance|
|Occupation||Retired government officer|
|Ethnicity||Sri Lankan Tamil|
Selvarasa was born on 25 July 1946.
Selvarasa was one the Tamil United Liberation Front's candidates for Batticaloa District at the 1994 parliamentary election. He was elected and entered Parliament. He failed to get re-elected at the 2000 parliamentary election.
On 20 October 2001 the All Ceylon Tamil Congress, Eelam People's Revolutionary Liberation Front, Tamil Eelam Liberation Organization and TULF formed the Tamil National Alliance (TNA). Selvarasa contested the 2010 parliamentary election as one of the TNA's candidates in Batticaloa District. He was elected and re-entered Parliament. He failed to get re-elected at the 2015 parliamentary election.
|1994 parliamentary||Batticaloa District||TULF||17,450||Elected|
|2000 parliamentary||Batticaloa District||TULF||Not elected|
|2010 parliamentary||Batticaloa District||TNA||18,485||Elected|
|2015 parliamentary||Batticaloa District||TNA||Not elected|
- "Directory of Members: Pon. Selvarasa". Parliament of Sri Lanka.
- "Result of Parliamentary General Election 1994" (PDF). Department of Elections, Sri Lanka.
- Jeyaraj, D. B. S. "Tamil National Alliance enters critical third phase - 1". The Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). Archived from the original on 4 April 2010.
- "Tamil parties sign MOU". TamilNet. 20 October 2001.
- "Parliamentary General Election - 2010 Batticaloa Preferences" (PDF). Department of Elections, Sri Lanka.
- Santiago, Melanie (18 August 2015). "General Election 2015: Several former MPs will not return to parliament". News First.