P. T. A. Rahim
|MLA, Kerala Legislative Assembly|
|Constituency||Kunnamangalam, Kozhikode District|
8 March 1949 |
Koduvally, Kozhikode district
|Political party||National Secular Conference|
|Children||Muhammed Ismail Shabeer, Fathima Shabna & Aysha Shabja|
P. T. A. Rahim is an Indian politician from Kerala. He is the state president of National Secular Conference (NSC). He represents the Kunnamangalam constituency in Kozhikode district in the Kerala Legislative Assembly.
Born at Koduvally in Kozhikode district on 8 March 1949, Rahim started his political career through MSF during his college days. He completed B.Com from Farook College and LLB from Government Law College, Kozhikode.He was secretary of Indian Union Muslim League Kozhikode District Committee and he was also President of Koduvally Grama Panchayath (1988–1993, 1998–2006). He left Muslim League in early 2000s and formed Muslim League(R) with his followers. He made a successful movement in the Panachayath election held in 2005 with the support of Left Front in Koduvally. He became noted politician when he defeated K. Muraleedharan, the UDF candidate in Koduvally Constituency in 2006 elections. In early 2011 with the support of LDF, under the leadership of P. T. A. Rahim a new party, National Secular Conference (NSC) was formed to protect the rights of Dalits, religious minorities and other backward sections of people. 
Assembly Election Victories
- MLA, Kerala Legislative Assembly, represented Kunnamangalam Constituency(2011-2016)
- MLA, Kerala Legislative Assembly, represented Koduvally Constituency(2006-2011)
- State President, National Secular Conference (NSC).
- Member, Orphanage Control Board.
- Chairman, Kerala State Hajj Committee
- Director, Kerala State Textile Corporation
- Secretary, IUML Kozhikode District Committee
- Member, Kerala State Muslim League Working Committee
- Vice-President, MSF State Committee
- President, MSF Kozhikode District Committee
- Chairman, C. H. Muhammed Koya Charitable Trust, Thiruvananthapuram
- Member, Samastha Kerala Islamatha Vidyabhyasa Board
- President, Koduvally Grama Panchayath (1988-1993, 1998-2006)
- Vice President, Koduvally Grama Panchayath (1993-1998)
- President, IUML Koduvally Assembly Constituency
- President, Muslim League (Rahim Fraction), Koduvally LA constituency
- President, Koduvally Service Co-operative Bank
- Member, Kozhikode District Council
- Member, Legal Service Authority
- President, STU Head Load Workers
- Working President, Vadi Husna Educational and Charitable Society, Elettil
- President, STU Kozhikode Port
- President, STU Ship breaking unit, Beypore
- President, STU Kinaloor Estate
- Treasurer, Shamsul Ulma Riyalushuleen Complex, Koduvally
- Secretary, IUML Koduvally LA Constituency
- President, Koduvally Muslim Orphanage.
- Secretary, Ansarul Huda Sangam, Koduvally.
- Secretary, Koduvally Mahallu Jamaithu Committee
- Secretary, Sirajal Huda Arabic College, Koduvally
|This article about a Kerala politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|