Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED
|Type||Tilt-shift lens (max. 11mm shift)|
|Aperture (max/min)||f/3.5 – f/32|
|Close focus distance||0.21 m (8.3 in)|
|Construction||13 elements / 10 groups|
|Unique features||Perspective control|
|Application||architecture, commercial, landscape|
|Max. length||108 mm (4.3 in)|
|Diameter||82.5 mm (3.25 in)|
|Weight||730 g (1.61 lb)|
|Angle of view|
|Diagonal||84° (without any tilt or shift)|
The Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED Lens is a tilt-shift, wide-angle prime lens that provides the equivalent of the corresponding view camera front movements on Nikon F-mount camera bodies. Its ultra-wide perspective control features tilt, shift and rotation capability, well-suited for architectural and nature photography.
The lens is designed for Nikon's full frame (FX) cameras, such as the Nikon D700, Nikon D800, Nikon D600, Nikon D3, and Nikon D4, for which it provides an 84° angle of view. It can be used with Nikon DX format cameras with the angle of view reduced to 61° (equivalent to a 36mm lens). The lens allows an 8.5° tilt with respect to the film or sensor plane and 11mm shift with respect to the center of the image area. Each movement can be rotated ±90° about the lens axis.
This lens features automatic aperture control. When it is mounted on a compatible Nikon camera, the user can use all exposure modes to take photographs without operating the aperture stop-down button. Previous Nikkor PC lenses cannot do this.
- Canon TS-E 24mm lens
- Perspective control
- Perspective control lens
- Nikon F-mount#Perspective control (PC) lenses
- "PC-E NIKKOR 24mm f/3.5D ED". Nikon USA. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Nikon 24mm f/3.5D ED PC-E". Photo.net.
- Arva-Toth, Zoltan (December 29, 2010). "Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED Review". Photography Blog.
- "PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED". Digital Photography Review. Jan 29, 2008.
- PC-Nikkor 35mm f/2.8 Nikon Instruction Manual, 2004
- 28mm f/3.5 PC-Nikkor lens
- Owner's manual for the PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5 lens
- Review by Digital Camera Info
- Review by Lens Database
- Tutorial on tilt shift axis change
- Rokinon 24mm shift lens