PCMan File Manager
PCMan File Manager
|Developer(s)||Hong Jen Yee (PCMan), Andriy Grytsenko (LStranger)|
|Written in||C (GTK+), C++ (Qt)|
|License||GNU General Public License|
PCMan File Manager (PCManFM) is a file manager application developed by Hong Jen Yee from Taiwan which is meant to be a replacement for Nautilus, Dolphin and Thunar. Released under the GNU General Public License, PCManFM is free software. PCManFM is the standard file manager in LXDE, which is also developed by the same author in conjunction with other developers. Since 2010, PCManFM has undergone a complete rewrite from scratch, so the new PCManFM is totally different from the old 0.5.x series. Build instructions, setup, and configuration have changed in the process.
Dissatisfied with GTK 3, Hong Jen Yee experimented with Qt in early 2013 and released the first version of a Qt-based PCManFM on March 26, 2013. He clarified, though, that this means no departure from GTK in LXDE, saying “The Gtk+ and Qt versions will coexist”.
PCManFM's features include:
- Full GVFS support with seamless access to remote file systems (Able to handle sftp://, dav://, smb://, ...etc. when related back ends of gvfs are installed.)
- Thumbnails for pictures
- Desktop management - shows wallpaper and desktop icons
- It is multilingual
- Tabbed browsing (Similar to Firefox)
- Volume management (mount/unmount/eject, requires gvfs)
- Drag & Drop support
- Files can be dragged among tabs
- File association support (Default application)
- Provides icon view, compact view, detailed list view, thumbnail view, and tree view for the left sidebar
- Twin panel
- "PCManFM". wiki.lxde.org. 2016-02-21. Retrieved 2016-04-24.
- "PCManFM Qt releases". github.com/lxde. Retrieved 2016-07-10.
- Craciun, Dan. "PCMan File Manager 0.4.5 Review". Linux Today. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- Georgiadis, Panos. "PCMan – An Alternative File Manager". Unixmen. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "LXDE - PCManFM file manager is ported to Qt?". Blog.lxde.org. 1999-02-22. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "LXDE - PCManFM Qt 0.1.0 released". Blog.lxde.org. 2013-03-27. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to PCManFM.|
|This computer-storage-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|