This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (September 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||Payasos Come Niñas|
|Origin||Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico|
|Genres||Groove metal, Thrash metal|
|Associated acts||A.N.I.M.A.L., Sepultura, Machine Head, Slipknot|
|Past members||Alejandro Fabela
Carlos "Chacho" Alvarez
PCN (Payasos Come Niñas) is a Mexican metal band formed in 1999 by Xavier "Terry" Terriquez and Pablo Aripez. The style of the band, with growling death metal vocals and clean overtones, goes from death metal to progressive metal, using thrash rhythms, often in the same song.
Some time after the band had formed in 1999, Alejandro Fabela "Daldo" came in as vocalist.
Around this time, "Taco" became the bass player and soon PCN merged with "Los Restos" with "Achu" on 2nd guitar and "Alain" as lead vocalist. Daldo left the band in 2001 to form tRazGo, where he met Felipe Valdez. In 2003 Felipe left tRazGo as soon as the 2nd album was finished, and Terry Joined the band in his place.
In 2004 Daldo and Terry left the band due to musical differences, but PCN was later reformed with Felipe and Pablo, this time making use of grittier vocals and more guitar-oriented, heavier music. The 2005 release of "Payasos Come Niñas" gave the band a chance to be part of Argentina's and Latin America's biggest metal band A.N.I.M.A.L. on their "Combativo World Tour" and also won them Enredox Magazine's "Independent Metal Album Of The Year" and "Best Metal Song" for "En Busca de Mi" in the same year.
During 2009 the band was writing and recording a new album, due later in the year, but has since disbanded.
- Xavier "Terry" Terriquez (Electric, Acoustic guitars and Programming) 1999-2001/2004-2009)
- Felipe "Felo" Valdez (Electric, Acoustic guitars and Programming) 2004-2009)
- Javier "Chancla" Chacon (Drums) 2006-2009
- Carlos "Chacho" Parra (Bass) 2009
- Alejandro "Daldo" Fabela (Vocals and Programming) 1999-2001/2004-2009
- Pablo Aripez (Drums) 1999-2005
- Carlos Anaya (Bass) 2004-2005
- Diego Covarrubias (Drums) 2005
- Martin Alvarez (Bass) 2006-2007
- Felix Islava (Bass) 2007
Payasos Come Niñas
- Edited in 2005
- Recorded By: Alejandro Fabela, Xavier Terriquez, Felipe Valdez, Pablo Aripez, Carlos Anaya.
- Recorded In: Estudios Payaso (Ensenada BC. Mex)
- Mastered In: Estudios Payaso (Ensenada BC. Mex)
- Track List:
- Dulce Obsession
- En Busca De Mi
- Lo Que Nunca Fue
- Dulce Adios
- Bonus Tracks Where given for free on the bands web page
Awards and recognition
PCN have won the Enredox Magazine's Independent Music Award for:
- 2005: Best Metal Album.
- 2005: Best Song (Metal) Ën Busca De Mi