This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||Payasos Come Niñas|
|Origin||Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico|
|Genres||Groove metal, Thrash metal|
|Associated acts||A.N.I.M.A.L., Sepultura, Machine Head, Slipknot|
|Past members||Alejandro Fabela|
Carlos "Chacho" Alvarez
Payasos Come Niñas (English: Clowns Eat Little Girls), known as PCN, was a Mexican metal band formed in 1999 by Xavier "Terry" Terriquez and Pablo Aripez. The style of the band, with growling death metal vocals and clean overtones, ranges from death metal to progressive metal, using thrash rhythms, often in the same song.
Some time after the band formed in 1999, Alejandro Fabela "Daldo" joined as vocalist.
Around this time, Taco became the bass player and soon PCN merged with Los Restos, with Achu on second guitar and Alain as lead vocalist. Daldo left the band in 2001 to form tRazGo, where he met Felipe Valdez. In 2003 Felipe left tRazGo as soon as the second album was finished, and Terry Joined the band in his place.
In 2004 Daldo and Terry left the band due to musical differences, but PCN was later reformed with Felipe and Pablo, this time making use of grittier vocals and more guitar-oriented, heavier music. The 2005 release of Payasos Come Niñas gave the band a chance to join Argentinian metal band A.N.I.M.A.L. on their "Combativo World Tour", and also won Enredox Magazine's Independent Metal Album Of The Year and Best Metal Song for "En Busca de Mi" in the same year.
In 2009 the band started writing and recording a new album, but disbanded before it was complete.
- Xavier "Terry" Terriquez (Electric, Acoustic guitars and Programming) 1999-2001/2004-2009)
- Felipe "Felo" Valdez (Electric, Acoustic guitars and Programming) 2004-2009)
- Javier "Chancla" Chacon (Drums) 2006-2009
- Carlos "Chacho" Parra (Bass) 2009
- Alejandro "Daldo" Fabela (Vocals and Programming) 1999-2001/2004-2009
- Pablo Aripez (Drums) 1999-2005
- Carlos Anaya (Bass) 2004-2005
- Diego Covarrubias (Drums) 2005
- Martin Alvarez (Bass) 2006-2007
- Felix Islava (Bass) 2007
Payasos Come Niñas
- Edited in 2005
- Recorded By: Alejandro Fabela, Xavier Terriquez, Felipe Valdez, Pablo Aripez, Carlos Anaya.
- Recorded In: Estudios Payaso (Ensenada BC. Mex)
- Mastered In: Estudios Payaso (Ensenada BC. Mex)
- Track List:
- Dulce Obsession
- En Busca De Mi
- Lo Que Nunca Fue
- Dulce Adios
- Bonus Tracks Where given for free on the bands web page
Awards and recognition
PCN have won the Enredox Magazine's Independent Music Award for:
- 2005: Best Metal Album.
- 2005: Best Song (Metal) Ën Busca De Mi