|Traded as||NASDAQ: CNXN|
|Industry||National Technology Solutions Provider|
|Headquarters||Merrimack, New Hampshire, USA|
|Patricia Gallup (Co-founder, Chairman)
Timothy McGrath (President and CEO)
Stephen P. Sarno (Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, and Treasurer)
|Products||Notebooks/Mobility, Software, Servers/Storage, Net/Com Product, Other Hardware/Services|
|Revenue||$2.9 billion USD (2017)|
Number of employees
The Connection brand includes Connection Business Solutions, Connection MoreDirect Enterprise Solutions, and Connection GovConnection Public Sector Solutions, which provide IT solutions and services for small- to medium-sized businesses, enterprises, and public sector markets, respectively.
PC Connection, Inc. was founded in 1982 by Patricia Gallup and David Hall. The co-founders met while serving as a support crew to hikers on the Appalachian Trail.
The company’s first headquarters occupied a former woodworking mill in Marlow, NH. To launch their business, Gallup and Hall used Gallup’s savings of $8,000 to purchase inventory and take out a 1/9th-page ad in Byte magazine.
In 1987, PC Connection was named to the Inc. 500 as the second fastest growing company in the United States.
In March 1998, the company completed its Initial Public Offering on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol PCCC.
In September 2016, the company announced a corporate rebranding. The "Connection" brand unites all subsidiaries (PC Connection, GovConnection, MoreDirect, and Softmart) under one brand name. NASDAQ stock ticker changes from PCCC to CNXN.
In addition to its corporate headquarters in Merrimack, PC Connection, Inc. has sales and support offices in Keene and Portsmouth, New Hampshire; Marlborough, Massachusetts; Rockville, Maryland; Dakota Dunes, South Dakota; Boca Raton, Florida; Shelton, Connecticut; Exton, Pennsylvania, and Schaumburg, Illinois. The company operates a 268,000-square-foot distribution and fulfillment complex, equipped with an ISO 9001 certified technical configuration lab, in Wilmington, Ohio.
In 1999, Connection purchased ComTeq Federal, a Maryland-based company serving the computing needs of federal government agencies, including the Navy, Federal Deposit Insurance Corp, the National Security Agency, and Internal Revenue Service. Renamed GovConnection, Inc., the subsidiary serves all government and education customers.
In January 2000, Connection announced the agreement to acquire Merisel Inc. in alliance with its initiative to add infrastructure.
In 2002, Connection acquired MoreDirect, a Florida-based IT solutions provider specializing in Web-based eProcurement.
In 2005, Connection purchased the business and selected assets of Amherst Technologies, Inc., a New Hampshire-based IT provider.
In 2011, Connection acquired ValCom Technologies, a technology services company in the Chicago metropolitan area.
In 2016, Connection acquired Softmart, a Microsoft Licensing Solution Provider (LSP) and global supplier of technology, tools, and service solutions.
In 2016, Connection acquired GlobalServe.
Awards and accomplishments
- CHIME Foundation Partner Award, 2017
- Lenovo Platinum Data Center Partner, 2017
- Red Hat Rising Star Partner of the Year, 2016
- Continuum of Care Award, Premier Inc., 2016
- Kaspersky Lab Large Account Reseller (LAR) of the Year Award, 2016
- Americas VMware Partner Innovation Award in the Renewals category, 2016
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Federal Enterprise Group Partner of the Year, 2015
- Symantec Growth Partner of the Year Award, 2015
- Microsoft Operational Excellence Award, 2015
- Dell Partner of the Year, 2015
- PC Connection Inc., Places 20th on CRN’s Solution Provider 500- 2015
- Adobe's Global Partner of the Year - 2014
- PC Connection named National Solutions Provider Partner of The Year at Dell for FY15(2014-2015) 
- PC Connection named to Inc. 500 (1987)
- Listed as one of 100 Most Influential Companies in the Computer Industry by PC Magazine (1997)
- Ranked #7 on Businessweek’s World’s Top 100 Technology Companies (2000)
- Debut on Fortune 1000 (2001)
- Better Business Bureau of New Hampshire Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics (2001)
- Forbes’ America’s Most Trustworthy Companies, Highest Ranking (2008)
- Top Supply Chain Innovation and Retail Industry Awards; #8 on InformationWeek 500 (2008)
- Winner of Operational Excellence Award at Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (2010)
- "Fortune 500 2015: 825. Connection". Forbes.
- "PC Connection: New "Connection" Brand Advances 35-Year History of Innovation)". 4-traders. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- "Profile: PC Connection Inc". Reuters. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- "PC Connection: New "Connection" Brand Advances 35-Year History of Innovation)". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- You, Me, and All Those Others Just Like Us, Starting a Business Article | Inc.com
- [New Hampshire: First In the Nation] - Powered by PageTurnPro.com
- [New Hampshire: First In the Nation] - Powered by PageTurnPro.com
- Pc Connection Inc (Pccc) Ipo - Nasdaq.Com
- https://thejournal.com/articles/2016/09/08/connection-merges-govconnection-pc-connection-moredirect-softmart-into-single-brand.aspx Connection Merges GovConnection, PC Connection, MoreDirect, Softmart into Single Brand
- "Locations - Connection". Pcconnection.com. Retrieved 2016-09-09.
- "Distribution and Configuration Center - Connection". Pcconnection.com. 2016-06-08. Retrieved 2016-09-09.
- Johnston, Margret (1999-07-11). "PC Connection buys ComTeq Fed". FCW. Retrieved 2016-09-09.
- "PC Connection Acquires Merisel's Call Center". January 4, 2000. Retrieved Nov 20, 2013.
- PC Connection, PC Mall Make Acquisitions.(PC Connection Inc. acquires MoreDirect)(PC Mall Inc. acquires Pacific Business Data Systems Inc.)(Brief Article) | HighBeam Business:...
- PC Connection Wins Bidding War For Amherst Technologies
- PC Connection buys ValCom Technology for $11.6M - BusinessWeek
- PC Connection Acquires Softmart - MarketWatch
- "CHIME Foundation Names Connection 2017 Partner Award Winner - Healthcare IT - CHIME". Healthcare IT - CHIME. 2017-11-02. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Connection® Named Lenovo Platinum Data Center Partner | PC Connection, Inc". PC Connection, Inc. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Connection® Wins Red Hat Rising Star Partner of the Year Award | PC Connection, Inc". PC Connection, Inc. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "PC Connection, Inc. - PC Connection Receives Industry Accolades in First Half of 2016". Ir.pcconnection.com. Retrieved 2016-09-09.
- "PC Connection, Inc. - PC Connection Wins Symantec Growth Partner of the Year Award". Ir.pcconnection.com. Retrieved 2016-09-09.
- "PC Connection, Inc. - PC Connection Wins Microsoft Operational Excellence Award". Ir.pcconnection.com. 2014-12-31. Retrieved 2016-09-09.
- "PC Connection, Inc. - PC Connection Named Dell Partner of the Year". Ir.pcconnection.com. 2013-12-31. Retrieved 2016-09-09.
- "PC Connection, Inc. - PC Connection Named Adobe Reseller Partner of the Year". Ir.pcconnection.com. 2013-12-31. Retrieved 2016-09-09.
- "Dell PartnerDirect Awards & Recognition". Partnerdirect.dell.com. 2013-08-14. Retrieved 2016-09-09.
- PC Connection, Inc. - Marlow, NH
- Ray, John J. "America's Most Trustworthy Companies - Forbes". Forbes.