|EP by Interpol|
|Released||June 4, 2002|
|Genre||Post-punk revival, indie rock|
Information and reception
The EP received much critical acclaim, and garnered the band a healthy amount of attention before the release of their first full length, Turn on the Bright Lights. The EP also helped the band shed accusations of cloning early post-punk bands like Joy Division, establishing an individual sound that expanded upon rather than copied the band's influences.
|“||From start to finish, Interpol's EP in preparation for their first full-length effort is vast, moving, and brilliant. Each listen reveals new layers, the band's appeal growing exponentially. The only complaint that can be leveled at this disc is that it's just too short, which in itself fulfills the first law of show business: always leave them wanting more. At this early stage, it's hard to know whether or not the success of this EP is based on the premise that these are simply the best songs Interpol has to offer. But if the boys can eke out a bargain with Old Scratch himself and pour thirty more minutes of sweet nectar like this into a few billion ones and zeros, their souls would certainly be a small price to pay.||”|
|— Eric Carr, in his Pitchfork Media review.|
"PDA" was featured in Foundation's skateboard movie "That's Life" as background music during Justin Strubing's part.
The same versions of "PDA" and "NYC" were later released on Turn on the Bright Lights, while "Specialist" was released as a bonus track to a 2005 re-release of the album.
Treble magazine rated the EP the 39th best single of the decade.
- "PDA" – 5:02
- "NYC" – 4:20
- "Specialist" – 6:39
- Kellman, Andy. "Interpol (EP) - Interpol". Allmusic. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- Carr, Eric (2002-07-16). "Interpol: Interpol EP". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- Dlugacz, Adam (2002-07-31). "Interpol: The Interpol EP". PopMatters. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- McElligatt, Colin (2003-09-01). "Interpol - Interpol EP - Review". Stylus Magazine. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- Interpol : Interpol - Listen, Review and Buy at ARTISTdirect
- Matador Records | Interpol
- "RES ALERT December 5, 2002". res.com. Archived from the original on 2007-07-15. Retrieved 2009-02-20.
- "MTV Awards 2003: The winners". bbc.co.uk. 2003-07-24. Retrieved 2009-12-20.
- Kellman, Andy. "((( Turn on the Bright Lights [Bonus Track] > Overview )))". Retrieved 2010-07-06.
- "Best Singles of the 00's".