PDF Split and Merge
|Initial release||June 29, 2008|
4.2.5 / 17 May 2021
|Written in||Java, JavaFX|
|License||AGPLv3 for v3, GPLv2 for previous versions 2.x|
The distribution system
PDFsam Basic is a desktop application freely accessible from the project's page both as source and compiled code. It is available as MSI package for 32-bit and 64-bit MS Windows, .dmg for Mac OS X, .deb package for Debian based GNU/Linux distributions and ZIP bundle for the power users' convenience.
- Merge PDF files selecting entire documents or subsections of them. It provides a number of settings to let the user decide what to do in case the original PDF files contain Acro Forms or an outline (bookmarks) and it can generate a table of contents, normalize pages size and add blank pages.
- Split PDF files in a number of ways:
- After every page, even pages or odd pages
- After a given set of page numbers
- Every n pages
- By bookmark level
- By size, where the generated files will roughly have the specified size
- Rotate PDF files where multiple files can be rotated, either every page or a selected set of pages
- Extract pages from multiple PDF files
- Mix PDF files where a number of PDF files are merged, taking pages alternately from them
- Save and restore of the workspace
- "Release 4.2.5". 17 May 2021. Retrieved 21 May 2021.