|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
New York City
Number of employees
The company was founded in London, UK, in November 2001 by a team of managers from the financial media group Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. Originally funded by several U.S.-based investors, it is an independent media company.
PEI offers several news services and magazines to cover the alternative asset class verticals:
- Private Equity International
- Infrastructure Investor
- Private Debt Investor
- Private Funds Management
- Secondaries Investor
- Agri Investor
- Real Estate Capital
PEI publishes several annual rankings of private equity firms, including:
- The PEI 300 is an annual ranking it compiles of the "300 biggest private equity groups" worldwide based on "how much capital they have raised for private equity investment in the last five years"
- The LP 50: a ranking of the "biggest and most active investors" as measured by the "amount of capital they committed to third-party-managed funds in the preceding year"
- The PERE 50: a ranking of the "top 50 fund managers in global private real estate, based on the equity raised between a five-year period for direct real estate investment through closed-ended, commingled real estate funds"
- The Global Investor 30: a ranking of the "top 30 investors in global private real estate, by measuring the amount of equity committed to commercial real estate through commingled funds, separate accounts and joint ventures, as well as direct property investments"
- The Infrastructure Investor 30: a ranking the 30 "largest infrastructure fund managers by size, based on the capital raised by infrastructure direct investment programs over a five-year period
PEI's other divisions provide data products, books and host industry conferences, such as the Private Equity International CFO and COO Forum, in New York.
- "PEI Official Rankings". Private Equity International. Retrieved 17 October 2014.