PEN/Robert W. Bingham Prize
The PEN/Robert Bingham W. Prize is awarded by the PEN American Center "to exceptionally talented fiction writers whose debut work — a first novel or collection of short stories...represent distinguished literary achievement and suggests great promise."  The winner is selected by a panel of PEN Members made up of three writers or editors. The PEN/Robert Bingham W. Prize was originally named the PEN/Robert Bingham Fellowship for Writers. The prize awards the debut writer a cash award of US$25,000. The PEN/Robert W. Bingham Prize was established in memory of Robert W. Bingham, who died in 1999 at the age of 33, to commemorate his support of young writers, his love of literature, and his contribution to literary fiction. 
The award is one of many PEN awards sponsored by International PEN affiliates in over 145 PEN centres around the world. The PEN American Center awards have been characterized as being among the "major" American literary prizes.
- 2002: Manil Suri, The Death of Vishnu, Carolyn Cooke, The Bostons, and Matthew Klam, Sam the Cat and Other Stories (co-winners)
- 2004: Jonathan Safran Foer, Everything Is Illuminated, Monique Truong, The Book of Salt and Will Heinrich, The King's Evil (co-winners)
- 2006: Christopher Coake, We're in Trouble
- 2007: Janna Levin, A Madman Dreams of Turing Machines
- 2008: Dalia Sofer, The Septembers of Shiraz
- 2009: Donald Ray Pollock, Knockemstiff
- 2010: Paul Harding, Tinkers
- 2011: Susanna Daniel, Stiltsville and Danielle Valore Evans, Before You Suffocate Your Own Fool Self (co-winners)
- 2012: Vanessa Veselka, Zazen
- 2013: Sergio De La Pava, A Naked Singularity 
- 2014: Shawn Vestal, Godforsaken Idaho 
- 2015: Jack Livings, The Dog: Stories
- 2016: Mia Alvar, In the Country: Stories
- 2017: Rion Amilcar Scott, "Insurrections: Stories" 
- PEN American Center Literary Awards
- Alfred Bendixen (2005). "Literary Prizes and Awards". The Continuum Encyclopedia of American Literature. Continuum International Publishing Group. p. 689.
- Pia Catton (August 13, 2013). "'A Naked Singularity' Wins PEN Literary Award's Bingham Prize". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- John Williams (September 29, 2014). "Shawn Vestal Wins PEN/Robert W. Bingham Prize". New York Times. Retrieved November 24, 2014.
- "2015 PEN Literary Award Winners". PEN. May 8, 2015. Retrieved March 2, 2016.
- "2016 PEN Literary Award Winners". PEN. April 11, 2016. Retrieved April 11, 2016.
- "2017 PEN/ROBERT W. BINGHAM PRIZE FOR DEBUT FICTION". PEN. March 27, 2016. Retrieved April 2, 2017.