PEN/Voelcker Award for Poetry
The PEN/Voelcker Award for Poetry is given biennially to an American poet whose distinguished and growing body of work to date represents a notable and accomplished presence in American literature.
The award is one of many PEN awards sponsored by International PEN affiliates in over 145 PEN centers around the world. The PEN American Center awards have been characterized as being among the "major" American literary prizes.
- 2016 Ed Roberson (Judges: Catherine Barnett, Jericho Brown, and Tina Chang)
- 2014 Frank Bidart (Judges: Peg Boyers, Toi Derricotte, and Rowan Ricardo Phillips)
- 2012 Toi Derricotte (Judges: Dan Chiasson, Aracelis Girmay, and A. Van Jordan)
- 2010 Marilyn Hacker (Judges: Christopher Ricks, Marie Ponsot, and David Ferry)
- 2008 Kimiko Hahn (Judges: Kwame Dawes, Mark Doty, and Marie Howe)
- 2006 Linda Gregg (Judges: Michael Hofmann, Timothy Liu, and Vijay Seshadri)
- 2004 Robert Pinsky
- 2002 Frederick Seidel
- 2000 Heather McHugh
- 1998 C.K. Williams
- 1996 Franz Wright
- 1994 Jane Kenyon
- American poetry
- List of poetry awards
- List of literature awards
- List of years in poetry
- List of years in literature
- International Who's Who in Poetry 2004. Taylor & Francis US. 2003. p. 366.
- Alfred Bendixen (2005). "Literary Prizes and Awards". The Continuum Encyclopedia of American Literature. Continuum International Publishing Group. p. 689.
- Maggie Galehouse (March 1, 2016). "PEN Literary Award winners announced". Chron. Retrieved March 2, 2016.
- "2016 PEN Literary Award Winners". PEN. March 1, 2016. Retrieved March 2, 2016.
- Ron Charles (July 30, 2014). "Winners of the 2014 PEN Literary Awards". Washington Post. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- "2014 PEN/Voelcker Award". pen.org. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- John Williams (July 30, 2014). "James Wolcott and Frank Bidart Among 2014 PEN American Winners". New York Times. Retrieved August 1, 2014.