|Industry||Sustainability Software and Consulting|
|Founded||Stuttgart, Germany (1991)|
|Michael Betz, VP|
|Services||Life cycle assessment
Enterprise carbon accounting
Design for the Environment
Environmental product declaration
Number of employees
|300 (Jan 2015)|
Thinkstep, stylised as thinkstep, is a sustainability software and consulting company based in Leinfelden-Echterdingen, Germany. It is a working group in the field of Life Cycle Assessment and Life Cycle Engineering. Originally a spin-off of the University of Stuttgart, Thinkstep is a global organization with worldwide subsidiaries, as well as a network of sales partners across the globe. The former name of the company was PE International (PE stands originally for Peter Eyerer, its founder).
Thinkstep has several consultancy service lines,:
- Design for Environment (DfE) & Ecodesign
- Sustainability Data on demand & Databases
- EuP Directice & Ecodesign
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Resource & Energy Efficiency
- CSR & Sustainability Strategy
- Energy Management
- Environmental Management
- Sustainability Reporting
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Carbon Management
- Corporate Carbon Footprint
- Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) Projects
- Product Carbon Footprint
- Carbon Calculator
- Water Footprint
- Green IT
- Environmental Product Declaration /EPD)
- Certification of Buildings
- Building LCA
Sustainable supply chain
- Sustainable Supply Chain
Thinkstep supplies software with training and support.
For Life Cycle Assessment - thinkstep GaBi software (GaBi is a word shortening for "Ganzheitliche Bilanz," which means Holistic Balance in German.)
- GaBi: For industry, consulting, and research facilities doing commercial LCA work (price includes full service); no limitation in duration of using the tool.
- GaBi academy: For non commercial usage e.g. thesis, seminar paper, dissertation (price includes full service); no limitation in duration of using the tool.
- GaBi edu: For teaching at colleges/universities (price includes service); no limitation in duration of using the tool.
- GaBi student (free of cost): Free version for students (limited license for 1 year) for non commercial usage.
- GaBi temporary: GaBi software for a limited period, price on request depending on database and utilization period required
- GaBi test license (free of cost): Free version (time limited license for up to 3 months) for testing purposes only.
For corporate sustainability management and reporting - thinkstep SoFi software:
- SoFi for Environmental Management and Occupational Safety
- SoFi for Sustainability Management and Corporate Social Responsibility
- SoFi for Corporate Carbon Footprint
- SoFi for Carbon Management
Beside the headquarters in Germany, thinkstep, at present, operates subsidiaries in Japan, North America, Australia & New Zealand, Austria, China, India, Malaysia, United Kingdom, Denmark, South Africa, Switzerland and Turkey.
- Department of Life Cycle Engineering, University of Stuttgart. Retrieved 19 April 2008.
- "Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Consulting Service". Thinkstep. 19 April 2008.
- EUROPA-Site on LCA Tools, Services and Data Archived June 12, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.