pFriem Family Brewers
|Location||Hood River, Oregon, United States|
|Annual production volume||15,305 US beer barrels (17,960 hl) (2017)|
The company was founded in 2012 by three former employees of Hood River-based Full Sail Brewing Company, including brand namesake and brewmaster Josh Pfriem. pFriem beers include an India pale ale (IPA), pilsner, Belgian, Belgian Strong Dark and a Flanders red ale, as well as seasonal brews. As of 2018[update], pFriem operates a tasting room in Hood River and is distributed in Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia.
In September 2018, pFriem was named the best midsize brewery in the U.S. at the Great American Beer Festival. pFriem produced 15,305 barrels in 2017, just barely qualifying for the category, which recognizes companies producing between 15,000 and 6 million barrels annually. It was the second time an Oregon brewery had been so awarded, following Widmer Brothers in 2004. pFriem also won second place in the German-Style Pilsner category. pFriem's pilsner has been described as influential among other brewers and in 2017 Willamette Week called it "arguably the best all-around" brewery in the state of Oregon.
- Richard, Terry (July 30, 2014). "Pfriem Family Brewers strikes chord with before/after anything crowd in Hood River". The Oregonian. Retrieved December 27, 2018.
- Meunier, Andre (November 5, 2018). "How Oregon's pFriem rose to new status as nation's top midsize brewery". The Oregonian. Retrieved December 27, 2018.
- Dunlop, Pete (March 2, 2017). "Pfriem is Arguably The Best All-Around Brewery in the State". Willamette Week. Retrieved December 27, 2018.
- Bernot, Kate (May 20, 2018). "Beer Of The Week: pFriem Family Brewers Pilsner is the rare lager people get hyped for". The Takeout. Retrieved December 27, 2018.
- Prewitt, Andi (September 24, 2018). "Oregon Cleans Up at America's Most Prestigious Beer Competition". Willamette Week. Retrieved December 27, 2018.