Prudential Tower, PGIM's headquarters in Newark, New Jersey
|Headquarters||Newark, New Jersey|
|AUM||More than $1 trillion|
PGIM, Inc. (PGIM), formerly Prudential Investment Management, is the asset management arm of American life insurance company Prudential Financial.
Headquartered in Newark, New Jersey, United States, PGIM manages more than $1 trillion in assets across its fixed income, equity, real estate, alternatives, and multi-asset channels, including $189 billion for retail investors, and $381 billion for institutional clients. PGIM also manages more than $500 billion for its parent company, which has led regulators to designate the company a systemically important financial institution (SIFI).
PGIM is currently one of the 10 largest asset managers in the world, with more than 1,100 investment professionals working for the company across 31 offices. The firm is headquartered in the Prudential Tower in Newark, New Jersey, which currently houses approximately 3,000 employees from a variety of PGIM's investment management divisions.
PGIM is divided into eight asset management divisions, each of which specializes in a particular asset class:
PGIM Fixed Income
PGIM Fixed Income is the fixed income investment arm of PGIM, with $681 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2016. PGIM Fixed Income focuses on investing in the global fixed income markets through offices in the US, London, Tokyo and Singapore.
Founded in 1969, Jennison Associates is the fundamental equity investment arm of PGIM, with $168 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2016. The firm also invests in active fixed income, with approximately 40% of its total AUM invested in non-equity securities.
QMA LLC is a subsidiary of PGIM that provides quantitative equity and global Multi-Asset solutions. Founded in 1975 it currently has $108.9 billion  in assets under management as of 31 December 2018.
Prudential Capital Group
PGIM Real Estate
Formerly Prudential Real Estate Investors (Pramerica Real Estate Investors outside of the Americas, Japan and Korea), PGIM Real Estate is the global real estate investment arm of PGIM, with professionals in 18 cities around the world. The firm has consistently been the largest manager of worldwide institutional assets according to Pensions & Investments, an industry publication, and currently manages approximately $67 billion in global assets.
PGIM Real Estate Finance
Prudential International Investments
In January 2016, Prudential Investment Management changed its name to PGIM in an effort to unify the brand as the firm expanded its global reach. Prior to the change, PGIM used the pseudonym Pramerica in many countries outside of the United States, where UK-based insurer Prudential plc retained the rights to the Prudential name.
The firm's headquarters, the Prudential Tower, is LEED Gold certified and features a rainwater retention irrigation system, a rooftop garden and walking track, two living green walls, and a parking garage outfitted with electric car charging stations.
- Walker, Danielle (November 30, 2015). "Leading managers rebrand to gain competitive edge". FundFire. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- Foley, Stephen (November 10, 2015). "Prudential Investment Management changes name to drum up business". Financial Times. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "4 PGIM Funds Funds for Healthy Returns (Revised)". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 28 February 2020.
- Shayon, Sheila (December 2, 2016). "Rebrand in pursuit of alpha: 5 questions with PGIM's Niharika Shah". www.brandchannel.com. Interbrand. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- Ortiz, Peter (October 2, 2015). "Prudential Investment Management gets new digs". Ignites. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "PGIM home page". PGIM.com. September 30, 2016. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "Jennison Associates". PGIM.com. PGIM. September 30, 2016. Retrieved December 15, 2016.
- "QMA Overview".
- Jacobius, Arleen (October 3, 2016). "Real estate manager asset growth hits speed bump". Pensions & Investments. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "Company overview". PGIMrealestate.com. September 30, 2016. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "Prudential Fixed Income". UNPRI.org. UN Principles for Responsible Investment. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "PGIM Real Estate". UNPRI.org. UN Principles for Responsible Investment. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "Prudential Newark receives LEED Gold certification". KPF.com. Kohn Pederson Fox Associates PC. August 30, 2016. Retrieved December 13, 2016.