Persian Gulf Online Organization
The Persian Gulf Online Organization (or Persian Gulf Organization PGO, also known as Iranians for International Cooperation (IIC)'s Persian Gulf Task Force or PGTF) is a non-governmental entity consisting of a network of volunteers across the globe dedicated to promoting the name Persian Gulf against the fictitious name "Arabian Gulf" in the Persian Gulf naming dispute. Its members live in several countries around the world.
PGO's members' efforts are mostly undertaken via the internet. On their website, current news about the Persian Gulf, maps, articles, bibliographies about the Persian Gulf, conferences, and other information can be found. Javad Fakharzadeh has written some letters to British Airways which stated that the "historically correct" name of the waters is the Persian Gulf. Two weeks later, British Airways acknowledged their mistake of using "Arabian Gulf" and provided written guarantees that their onboard displays would be corrected. PGO has sent similar letters to the Army News, and also had struggled with National Geographic about the naming of the gulf. After that, the Government of Iran became involved in this too, and Iranian government agents in Europe and US contacted National Geographic, wanting to use the same name of the Persian Gulf according to its history.
In October 2018, the WIPO as an agency of the UN registers Persian Gulf in official certificate based on the Lisbon Agreement. According to this agreement based on international law, no country, government, or organization can use another name to refer to the Persian Gulf.
PGO was established in 1999 by Mohammad Ala, a Persian professor, and was represented by Pejman Akbarzadeh, another member of the organization, in Amsterdam and Tehran from 2002 to 2006.  Many other notable Iranians contributed in this organization. Javad Fakharzadeh is the head and co-founder of the organization. He is also an advisory board member of CASMII. Shahram Mostarshed, an anti-war activist and a member of the Green party of California, is one them, along with another campaign organization, Iranians for International Cooperation (IIC). Daniel Pourkesali is also a board member of this organization.
National Persian Gulf's Day
In January 2004, PGO offered Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance to adopt a new national day in Iran with the name of "National Persian Gulf's Day". It was approved by the government in July 2005 and since then a new national day added to official Persian calendar.
- Persian Gulf Studies Center
- The Sharmin and Bijan Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Iran and Persian Gulf Studies
- "Persian Gulf Organization PGO Charity In Alhambra California". The Charity Vault. Retrieved 29 September 2011.[unreliable source?]
- "British Airways recognizes the Persian Gulf". Payvand's Iran News ... Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- "Iran Heritage, Persian Gulf Online, and Iran Alliance 2008". Parsea. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- Layeghi, Babak. "The Arabian Gulf?". GhasedakOnline. Archived from the original on 2 January 2006. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "We Stand Corrected: Daniel Pourkesali From the Persian Gulf Organization On The Importance of Names". www.greenprophet.com. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- حذف نام خلیج فارس در موسسه هارپركالینز لندن (in Persian). شبکه ی اینترنتی آفتاب. November 2008. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "UN agency registers 'Persian Gulf' in official certificate". PressTV. 22 October 2018.
- "An Iran we could love". Antony Loewenstein. Archived from the original on 16 September 2010. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Fathollah-Nejad, Ali. ""Die Kinder Adams sind aus einem Stoff gemacht": Die iranische Zivilgesellschaft schützen". Fathollah-Nejad. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Statement by a Group of Iranian Anti-war Activists about Iran's Presidential Elections" (PDF). monthlyreview.org. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Akbarzadeh, Pejman. "Distorting the Name of the "Persian Gulf" Continues". Payvand Iran News ... Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Name of `Persian Gulf' registered in 1,800 maps". www.irantoulouse.com. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- "CASMII Organization". www.campaigniran.org. Archived from the original on 12 October 2007. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- "Shahram Mostarshed". Campaign Against Sanctions and Military Intervention in Iran. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Sanctions as Warfare". www.hiddenmysteries.net. Archived from the original on 21 February 2013. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- "خلیج فارس". parssea. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "bacground of persian gulf national day م". heritage. Archived from the original on 9 January 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2011.