|Full name||Peter-John Edward Marsh|
|Born||19 February 1980|
Gladstone, Queensland, Australia
|Height||173 cm (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (12 st 8 lb)|
Peter-John "PJ" Marsh (born 19 February 1980 in Gladstone, Queensland) is an Australian former professional rugby league footballer who played in the 2000s. A Queensland State of Origin representative hooker, he played his club football in the NRL for the Parramatta Eels, New Zealand Warriors and Brisbane Broncos.
Named after his uncle, Peter John Marsh, who was killed in a car accident before PJ was born, he attended and played rugby league for St. Brendan's College, Yeppoon. Marsh is of distant Aboriginal descent. He is also Christian.
Marsh played for the Central Queensland Capras in the 1998 Queensland Cup. Marsh began his NRL career at the Parramatta Eels and made his first grade debut on 23 April 2000 against the Newcastle Knights. Marsh played in Parramatta's preliminary final defeat by the Brisbane Broncos during the same year.
In the 2001 NRL season, Marsh made 22 appearances as Parramatta won the minor premiership after losing only 2 games all year in the regular season. Marsh played for Parramatta from the bench in their 2001 NRL grand final loss to the Newcastle Knights. Parramatta had gone into the match as heavy favourites and the grand final loss has been described as one of the biggest upsets of all time.
Marsh then moved to the New Zealand Warriors. He made his Queensland debut in the 2002 State of Origin series, playing in games I and III. He later also played games in the 2003 and 2008 State of Origin series.
He started for the Warriors at hooker in their 2002 NRL Grand Final loss to the Sydney Roosters. Midway through the 2003 NRL season, Marsh sustained a serious neck injury in a match against Parramatta which ruled him out for the rest of the season as well as the whole of 2004.
Following a three-year stint with the Warriors, Marsh returned to Parramatta for the 2005 NRL season. Marsh was part of the Parramatta side which won the minor premiership in 2005 but lost 29-0 in the preliminary final to North Queensland.
- NRL Stats[permanent dead link]
- "PJ Marsh rugby league testimony". Bible Society of NSW. Archived from the original on 26 April 2012.
- Round 22: 15, 16 August Archived 17 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine queensland.rleague.com
- "Knights draw 2001 grand final inspiration". NRL.
- "Eels search for answers after cowboy caning". SMH.
- "Nathan Hindmarsh on Parramatta's last table topping team". Fox Sports.
- "Storm book grand final date with Sea Eagles". ABC.
- Broncos sign Marsh - League - Fox Sports
- "Brisbane Broncos hooker P.J. forced to quit rugby league with neck injury". Fox Sports. 14 March 2010. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "Official Player Numbers". Parramatta Eels.