|Limited Liability Partnership|
PKF International (previously known as Pannell Kerr Forster) is a global network of accountancy firms. Member firms operate under the PKF brand in 440 cities and operate in 150 countries across 5 continents. PKF International is ranked the 15th largest global accounting network in 2016 according to a survey by International Accounting Bulletin..
In 2018 PKF was ranked as 11th largest global accounting firm in the United Kindgom according to https://www.icas.com/ca-today-news/the-top-30-accountancy-firms-in-2018-revealed
By 2019 PKF had fallen out of the top 20 largest global accounting network , according to a survey by http://big4accountingfirms.org/the-top-accounting-firms-in-the-world/
Pannell Kerr Forster was founded in 1969 when four accountancy firms from Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States joined together to create an international association. The four firms were:
- Pannell Fitzpatrick & Co, founded in 1869 by William Henry Pannell (UK);
- Harris, Kerr, Forster & Co, founded in 1911 as Harris, Kerr & Co by William Harris & Errol Kerr, and in 1923 as WJ Forster & Co by William Forster (USA);
- Campbell, Sharp, Nash & Field (Canada); and
- Wilson, Bishop, Bowes & Craig (Australia).
In 1980, member firms decided to use Pannell Kerr Forster as their common brand name to create an international accountancy brand. In 2000, member firms decided to shorten their name to PKF. Member firms are now adopting this name in their home markets, or adding PKF as a prefix to the existing firm name.
- "World Survey". International Accounting Bulletin (570): 4. Feb 2017.
- About us: History. Retrieved 2010-12-15. Archived July 15, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Pannell Kerr Forster, simplified family tree of the firm, ICAEW, 2005
- PKF International network now ranked 10th in the World, PKF. Citing International Accounting Bulletin, January 2011.
- Doherty, Raymond. "BDO and PKF complete merger (2 Apr 2013)". ICAEW. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- Hughes, Jennifer; Woodhouse, Alice (26 Jul 2017). "Hong Kong auditors trapped by US-China dispute". The Financial Times. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- Fino, Jessica. "PCAOB bans PKF for three years". ICAEW. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
|This article about a corporation in the service industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|