|Founded||Brooklyn, New York, United States (1985 )|
|Headquarters||Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey, United States|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Make Life Simple|
PNY Technologies, Inc is an American manufacturer of flash memory cards, USB flash drives, solid state drives, memory upgrade modules, portable battery chargers, computer locks, cables, chargers, adapters, as well as consumer and professional graphics cards. The company is headquartered in Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey.
PNY stands for Paris, New York, as they used to distribute their memory modules from Paris, France to New York.
In 1996, the company was headquartered in Moonachie, New Jersey, and had a manufacturing production plant there, an additional plant in Santa Clara, California, and served Europe from a third facility in Bordeaux, France.
To emphasize its expansion into manufacturing new forms of memory and complementary products, the company changed its name in 1997 to PNY Technologies, Inc. The company now has main offices in Parsippany, NJ; Santa Clara, CA; Miami, FL, Bordeaux, France, and Taiwan.
In 2009, the Brooklyn Nets sold the naming rights of their practice jerseys to PNY. In 2010, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie spoke to PNY CEO Gadi Cohen about staying in New Jersey after Cohen was reportedly considering a move to Pennsylvania. In 2011, PNY moved their global headquarters and main manufacturing facility to a 40+ acre location on Jefferson Road in Parsippany, NJ. Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno toured the company and called it "a real good business news story for New Jersey."
PNY is a memory and graphics technology company and a manufacturer of computer peripherals.
- Flash memory cards
- USB flash drives
- Solid state drives
- Memory upgrades
- NVIDIA GeForce and Quadro graphics cards
- HDMI cables
- DRAM modules
- Portable battery chargers
- CD-R discs
PNY provides turnkey solutions supporting a wide array of channels within the Consumer, OEM, and commercial markets. With products geared towards Mobility, Digital Imaging, Computing, and Gaming solutions, PNY products function with a wide variety of computer and digital devices.
- "PNY ELECTRONICS, INC. 1996 COMPANY PROFILE". PNY.com. Archived from the original on 1997-02-08. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- Garcia, Julian (2009-11-08). "Nets sell practice jersey rights to PNY". New York Daily News. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- Morley, Hugh R. (2010-02-10). "Christie makes pitch to CEOs". The Record. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- Davis, Natalie (2011-08-23). "Lt. Gov. Declares Parsippany Firm 'Good News' for New Jersey". Patch.com. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- Lilly, Paul (2011-06-06). "PNY Partners with Asetek to Ship Liquid Cooled Videocards". Maximum PC. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- Franklin, Eric (2008-09-03). "Insert 'Ghostbusters' song reference here: PNY offers movie on USB". CNET. Retrieved 2014-01-07.